Lost perentie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild56

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi has anyone lost there pet perentie was caught NSW , very tam .:D

Yeah 200% is a perentie it was lying across the rd near awaba near the watagans nat park. It was to scared to move ! She's a young adult , along way from home , it didn't run she just let me pick her straight up? Hopfully can find the owner

I bet someone misses her. :( maybe put up a flyer at the local shopping center??

Don't put out too many details or photos or you will have everyone trying to claim her.

Have tried already, her tale got hit by a car but has healed really well, there's got to be someone out there who owns her? I'll give it a few more weeks and then might look at a zoo cause I don't have room or the license

Yeah I thought about that considering they can go for 1-2 thousand

I think they would only do what I'm doing now, and most reptile / animal centres usually sell it to recover there resources used on the animal if the owner isn't found.

i wouldnt post a pic! perenties are perenties its not going to be any different to any other perentie! and you might need certain patterns for people to describe so you dont hand it off to just any one!

i wouldnt post a pic! perenties are perenties its not going to be any different to any other perentie! and you might need certain patterns for people to describe so you dont hand it off to just any one!
+1

I think they would only do what I'm doing now, and most reptile / animal centres usually sell it to recover there resources used on the animal if the owner isn't found.

FATS are the only group who sell rescues and they only handle frogs. None of the wildlife rescue organisations sell wildlife and unreleasables are offered free of charge. Rare animals are offered to zoo and sanctuaries first.

I would like to see a pic of this monitor......perentie's are not dog tame generally

Contact DECCW.... If no one reports theirs missing, they'll either ballot it out or they'll contact the wildlife world, the zoo or sanctuary etc.... If its been hit by a car on the tail, it may need a look over from a vet... I'm also a little confused and concerned by the lack of "fire" from the perentie as they are generally a more feisty customer... Take a pic or two of it and once it's been claimed, or been donated to zoo etc, I'd like to have a look.... I'm in Brissy, it's not mine, I just love perenties and would like to have a little peak at it...

I find injured monitors behave in a tame manner until they start to feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back