Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandfather back in Europe had a Coral Snake and he lost it and couldn't find it about a month later they went out and
my grandmother got her good handbag out of the wadrobe and it was curled up inside.
Try behind the fridge, tv, ect. where its warm.
I thought coral snakes were venomous? :?

When i first got my enclosure, my girl got out 2 nights in a row haha, both times she was either in the window sill track, or the blinds track(where ur blinds go back and forth on the top sill) Took me 4 hours to untangle her and get her out of there!! :)

i know where it is!! its hiding!!!!!!!!!! in a place you havent looked yet :)

My Darwin managed to get out a few years ago (vent fell off leaving a hole) and I was in a panic as well!
My flat mate was threatening to move out because of it, which to be honest suited me just fine!
Long story short - a couple of weeks went by and he came out from under the couch!
It took a good month before he handled well after that.

Good luck.

Turn you aircon on and leave a heat mat and rat out

Look in every crevice and drawer or bag.

My male children's got out the other weekend, he'd gotten strong enough to force the sliding door on his cage open an inch and subsequently slither out. Spent hours turning the house upside down looking for him, cancelled plans to go out and stargaze with my new $450 telescope - he turned up 24 hours later nestled behind some books in the shelf less than a metre from his enclosure.

The cats alerted us to his presence - they started meowing and pawing at the books to get our attention but didn't try attacking/eating the snake.

ive heard of people on here putting baby powder (i think) down on all their floors late at night and then come out and track it down by the tracks in the powder

Flour works a charm :)

Not to sure if its been said..didn't read the second page. Also try leaving food out! I found my baby carpet upstairs the other day. my daughter worked out how to open his tank (his 30cm long) he went down, across the loungeroom, up the stairs, across the hallway and in the spare bathroom. I only found him cause i was sitting down next to the door talking to my wife who was doing her hair and I looked down under the towel rack and thought W..T..F...he was all curled up chillen....very lucky.

Also a while ago my stimsons grew too big for a tank I had them in and they worked out (intentionally or not) that if they wrapped their tail around a branch I had in their tank and leaned against the glass it would slightly slide open. Lost my male stimson for about 2 1/2 weeks. Got drunk one night and found him in my bedside drawn when I was rumaging for my leatherman ( I was drunk and going to fix S*&^ as you do when you have had a bit to drink haha) then when i open my draw I saw his tail dissapear towards the back...BAM. That one travelled down the table, across the room, down the hall way, into our room, across the room to myside of the bed and into my bedside drawer :)

All I can say is good luck to you. Fingers crossed mate!

Last edited:
hmm happens to every one at some stage i left an enclosuer door open a few days ago on the pythons enclosuer and my sisters boyfreind sead it was open this was sevral hours later i thought id be looking for pythons in the shead were thay are keepted what fun that would heve been but nope thay were still in there very lucky i gess .

nope :(
i have 2 find it soon though because i am moving house
hopefully i find it when i move all the stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back