Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking to a guy the other day about snakes and he said that the venomous snakes are easier to pick up, because they don't pull there head back like carpets. Do you pick up venomous ones?

I was speaking to a guy the other day about snakes and he said that the venomous snakes are easier to pick up, because they don't pull there head back like carpets. Do you pick up venomous ones?

To me that means they're just harder to read and you have more chance of being bitten. Not 'easier' at all if you ask me, and A LOT more dangerous.

yeah i meant that it will be snappy but it should calm down pretty quickly, ill post some pics up of where he was seen and found :) i will also put up some pics of him and how much he has grown

if you have one , get an electric blanket and put it on one of the low temps and just put the snakes hides on it aswell , check in "compacted areas " . My stimsons got out Friday night while i was away as my mum left the door open to his enclosure , i was home for five minutes on saturday and found him straight away in a shoe box (full of old shoes).

If he escaped in June, he won't have fed on anything at this time of year, so growth will be minimal.

Jamie

To me that means they're just harder to read and you have more chance of being bitten. Not 'easier' at all if you ask me, and A LOT more dangerous.

yer, but once you have them with a firm grip around their neck they won't pull there head back. whereas carpets are used to pulling there head back faster. I do agree that they are more dangerous and not "easier" but once you have them around the neck you have less chance of been bitten. He has picked venomous and non-venomous up and say that venomous are "easier" so to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you had any luck yet. have they seen it yet. I myself got a stimmy yearling a couple of weeks ago and yes they do get around. she is roughly 30cm (she we're presuming by her temperament) we have also got a 2.7m Bredli she hasn't gotten out and we've had her for about 2yrs

there hasnt been any spottings yet guys but when there is i will keep you guys up to date:)

hey everyone, the snake hasnt been spotted yet and im getting worried that the tenants wont do the right thing when they see it again because when they saw it they rang the police:? but i cant blame them because they are spanish and they have heard a lot of stories about all the poisonous snakes in australia. when they saw it i dont think they knew who to ring haha. but i thought i would just keep you guys informed :)

if you own the house that will definitely help , just tell the new tenants to call you if they ever see a snake not to try and get it for you as it could be anything but to call you and maybe keep an eye on it until you get there , theres still hope

Before they go for the shovel.... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Guys, i didnt end up find him, he was a really good snake and i miss him heaps, hopefully is safe and maybe he has found a lady friend ;)
i have got a new spotted python (blonde mac) he is a wonderful snake, name is michael jackson (MJ) and he is bout 2 months old, good calm snake :) i have made sure that there is no way that this one could get away
thanks everyone for all their support you guys have helped a lot
Snap will be missed

You called your snake Michael Jackson?? Why? is it made of plastic? :shock::lol:

Please do keep us updated. This has been a great thread to follow and when you find it you will have two snakes which is a bonus!

Good luck! Hope you find her soon!

Good News Guys :D the snake has been spotted at my old house, the new tanants had seen the snake on top of there fridge they were scared tht it was poisonous so they told the news agents and they told us, unlucky thhat i could not get there in time as it went back up in the roof, but when they see it again they will give me a call and i will be heading down there straight away. it may not be the same snake as it was 5-6 months ago as he will be hungry and very angry. but ill be very happy when i get my snake back :)

Did the news agent ring the real estate to let you know?;)

Haha yeah! what's a news agents gonna do?
Tenants: "hey we have spotted the snake!"
Nes agents: "uhhh, ok... cool story, needs more dragons"

Lost my spotted earlier in the year and my wife found him about a week later in the dishwasher one morning. He was alive. I guess as I usually open the door after it's cycle he must have climbed in for the heat. Might be worth checking in and around yours if you have one. Good luck, it's always a stressful time but stay diligent they usually turn up eventually

hey everybody
sorry i havent been updating i havent had time :? anyways i havent heard about the snake in about 3 months now, but i am not giving up on it :) but i have another spotted python introduced to the family, his name is michael jackson. my little sister named him that cause she use to love michael jackson haha. but yeah sorry again about not keeping you guys up to date

hey everybody
sorry i havent been updating i havent had time :? anyways i havent heard about the snake in about 3 months now, but i am not giving up on it :) but i have another spotted python introduced to the family, his name is michael jackson. my little sister named him that cause she use to love michael jackson haha. but yeah sorry again about not keeping you guys up to date

My brother would worship your new spotted :shock: He loves MJ :p

Hope your old spotted turns up mate! There is always hope, best of luck!

Oh dear, I feel with you. Just got through a big drama myself. My whole neighbourhood was looking for my 9 foot long Bredli python and it was on the front page of our local newspaper. She disappeared 15 days ago. Managed to open her enclosure between midnight and 5:30 am, and the window next to the enclosure was open. The paper bin in front of the window was thrown over, so I was sure she got out, and I alarmed the whole town to search for her. (!) But - outside it was cold. She may have stuck her head out of window - and pulled back. Yesterday evening, her head slowly emerged from behind a wardrobe, less than 2 metres from her enclosure, less than 2 metres from my desk where I spend about 14 hours a day - and I didn't see or hear a thing of her for 14 days!!! I had looked inside, behind and on top of the wardrobe - but I didn't realise that there is a hollow space underneath, which is accessible only from the rear side of the wardrobe. That's where she was sleeping - for entire fourteen days!

what a heck of a story hahah, your are very lucky to find your bredli though :) QUOTE=Starter;2354182]Oh dear, I feel with you. Just got through a big drama myself. My whole neighbourhood was looking for my 9 foot long Bredli python and it was on the front page of our local newspaper. She disappeared 15 days ago. Managed to open her enclosure between midnight and 5:30 am, and the window next to the enclosure was open. The paper bin in front of the window was thrown over, so I was sure she got out, and I alarmed the whole town to search for her. (!) But - outside it was cold. She may have stuck her head out of window - and pulled back. Yesterday evening, her head slowly emerged from behind a wardrobe, less than 2 metres from her enclosure, less than 2 metres from my desk where I spend about 14 hours a day - and I didn't see or hear a thing of her for 14 days!!! I had looked inside, behind and on top of the wardrobe - but I didn't realise that there is a hollow space underneath, which is accessible only from the rear side of the wardrobe. That's where she was sleeping - for entire fourteen days![/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back