lowland copperheads austrelaps superbus species list?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elapid@

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Today i got my return import license that was approved , my application was for 2 (austrelaps superbus) , they changed my import license to 2 austrelaps ramsayi , i gave them a call about this as i thought they had made a computer error , and did not want something listed on my fauna record book being false information, they told me that the species lowland copper head will know longer exist on the species list and will have to be named high land copperhead (austrelaps ramsayi). this is for nsw not sure in other states.

cheers steve

Thats interesting, I would of thought if anything the superbus name would be used above the ramsayi name. Guess it shows each state's wildlife authority beats to its own drum. The main thing I guess would be at least they accepted the application and knew what you meant by using the name superbus.

Do you keep a copy of your original application? Since I fax mine, I do, just in case something comes of issues such as that.

odd, same thing just happened to me last month.... put e'm down as superbus in my book anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back