LTG vs HTG, but what about... ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Many APSers have chosen to Love the Glove or Hate the Glove, but what do we think of the hook??

I personally think the hook is a happy medium between the two extremes of LTG and HTG.

Any other opinions???

:)

I use hooks to remove really snappy snakes from their cages.

I have used hooks on captive and wild pythons and elapids. But i can't stand people who use snake tongs or jiggers. In my opinion the only jop of a hook is to help keep away the head of the snake not to fully control the snake. I feel that snakes seem more clam and less stressed when they are allowed to move when being handled and not restrained unnesicarily.

Arr, stuff the hook! No pain no gain :) I like showing all my friends at school my latest bites and scars...:D Lots of fun!

What does bragging about snake bites do about the overall image of snakes in general.

It is also possible that the snake may be damaged in side the mouth which can lead to problems like mouth rot.

I always use hook.
When i am handling my snakes I always use it. I am feeding in cages, and they get better idea about NOT FEEDING TIME when i touch them with hook first. Otherwise they think that my hand is rat.

I'm with Alex, my understanding is that lost teeth, which can happen when you get a bite and draw away quickly, or remove the snake from you incorrectly, will open a minor wound in the mouth that can lead to an infection.

Anyway, I'm pro-hook :)

My snake will bite OUT of the cage. I put my hand in and he climbs up it. :)

my snake doesnt bite at all so ner
lol

i do what fuscus does. Even the calmest of snakes sometimes cant depict an owner from a feed.

i only use a hook on my 8ft coastal and only then to move its head in the opposite direction, otherwise its bare hands and just reach in and grab the snake.

but all in all, ignore the HTG"s comments on all, they are not to be trusted....they are deceivers and usurpers, down with HTG, up the LTG

cheers
Pom

(on a more serious note, who care how you get the snake out as long as it doesnt damage the snake?)

Alexahnder wrote,
In my opinion the only jop of a hook is to help keep away the head of the snake not to fully control the snake.
I feel the same and only use it after feeding to distract the snakes head when picking them up with my hand.

I dont see how using a hook would deter a really agro or upset snake from biting if its determined, but i would definatly use hooks jiggers , puffy gloves welding gloves , anything other than bare hands with a venomous snake!!!!!

Typical LTG'er trying to rationalise his use of the glove by saying "who care how you get the snake out as long as it doesnt damage the snake"

Tch, ya can't justify the use of gloves like that.

Shame Steve, shame.

as you can see, greg is proving the hostility that comes with being a member of HTG, they are all irrational people who dont listen to reason at all....shame on you, shame shame!!!!!

oh btw, thanks for the pink gloves afric, will post a pic asap to show these HTG'ers what they are missing out on

cheers
pom

GO THE LTGs.....i hav tried those bloody snake hooks but my snakes dont stand for that crap, they just climb off it, but not that i need it any more. Apart from the brown tree snake, they r all like little babies.
ps-hey belinda, i reckon its better to take pride in not being bitten by a snake.

hmmmm, i don't really think either way is right or wrong, as long as you do what you're comfortable with...
personally, i'm all skin with little stormy, and would be with any snake i owned.
other people's snakes, i am less confident with, but still no gloves.
but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back