LTG vs HTG, but what about... ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
depending on the thickness of the gloves, wouldnt you have less sense of how tight you are holding the snake, thereby more likely to harm it?

lol maybe i should explain a bit about the history of LTG so you can all understand a little better my side of this story. Way back when i first got a snake (coastal) i was very timid with it, i then purchased a hybrid (coastal x diamond) which was rather snappy, to counter this i bought a pair of gloves, and they just happened to be bright bloody green and puffy, i made the mistake of showing this photo to a few people and hence it spread, i was thus known as gloves from then on, i do however see the benefits of gloves for the timid but as some have said you cant really feel the snake.

cheers
Pom

Well thats why I dislike gloves, the loss of sensitivity. I am not an HTGer nor am I a LTGer but I do use hooks. I feed all mine in their enclosures/tubs and need to use the hook to tell 'em it is not feeding time :) All my pythons except one stubborn little Maccy understand this but this particular little s*d even bites the hook!! I have now become accustomed to the fact that handling M2 results in loss of blood :) LOL:)

Hostility????
How you can construe my post as showing hostility I was merely stating fact.
You poor misguided insecure fools.
Take off the gloves people!
You'll all feel better about yourselves if you do!!

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well actually i am not wearing any at the moment but i can feel them!

Hooks are for positioning venemous snakes before you pick them up and can be used to support them.
If you think you need gloves then there is something wrong with how you pick up your python.
They bite because they are not relaxed for some reason.

erm, so agressive snakes that bite while sitting on the floor....erm....is the floor supporting them incorrectly?

i`m confused

maybe i misunderstand Alex, but from your post..........you pick them up after feeding???
does it upset the snake? ive been told to keep hands off after they eat for so long because they can regurt??? i dont have a hook but wouldnt use one except for a venomous snake lol
in which case welding gloves, motorbike helmet, very long snake tonges and a big dose of dutch courage[or firewater] lol :D note: im class 1 no vens, just kidding :)

i think you must have misunderstanded me wattso. I don't handle any of my reptiles after feeding

Gloves suck but IMHO hooks are even worse.Even if you file the barb off them it is still very difficult to remove the snake from the hook without getting bitten.

I tried using my parents once, but then I relised, who would keep paying for all my reptiles? :twisted:

Sorry Alex must of misread your post mate. Me either, im about to play with monty awhile right now cause its tucker time later tonite~ Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back