Macro photography in Winter

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradchip

Reaction score
Usually winter is when I like to hibernate. There's not much to photograph in regards to insects or reptiles, and the water is too cold to go scuba diving (even though visibility is usually better in the colder months). But if you dig far enough, there's always something to photograph. There are a few jumpers around, and they're probably the most fun of the macroarachnids to shoot!

5983065057_d2be30c0b2_z.jpg

5983108252_bdd0fdf5bc_z.jpg

5928380767_6dd3937ef5_z.jpg

And usually you'll always find bees, and other spiders.

5970355030_d3ee4f2ea2_z.jpg

5958160312_5d811cddba_z.jpg

But it's always gold when I manage to find frogs in winter. There's an individual plant in the Roma St Parklands that is absolutely caked in Litoria fallax. There were guys in the gardens today doing work, and one of them bumped the plant and scattered a heap of the treefrogs. I found one clinging to a flower petal, and ended up coaxing him into a more comfortable position on the flower for some shots.

6004125011_87b834e097_z.jpg

What's everybody else been shooting lately? Post your pics :)

That pollen covered jumping spider looks like he's been busted with a bag of cookies or something...awww! Such lovely photos :)

Hey brad,

Very nice shots there mate! I think I remember seeing a picture of your setup. Are these with all the kenko extension tubes on with the 90mm Tamron?

Cheers,
Nick

Awesome pics Brad, you have nailed the DOF, i would also like to know if you took all them with your 90mm and extension tubes?

Thanks heaps guys. All of the insect shots were taken with the tamron 90mm and extension tubes. The frog on the flower was taken with the Tamron 90 without the extension tubes.

You really really need the extra magnification the tubes give you to do any of the jumping spiders.

Ah okay. Cheers Brad. I was thinking if it was worth getting the extension tubes or not. Coz the Tamron is just not close enough. You've made up my mind tho about my next purchase! woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back