Magill the Eastern Water Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stretch

Reaction score
I had the biggest day yesterday.

Yesterday was the day I picked up my Eastern Water Dragon from NPWS head office.

On the way I bought a dog...and after many wrong turns (Do you realise HOW many places are NO Right Turns in Hurstville?!?!?!) found a park right out in front.

Went up to Level 7...told to goto Level 4 then to Level 2....found Ben.
It was nice to put a face to the poor man that I harass for import numbers due to my own impatience.

I was able to pick from a selection. There were two hatchlings, two juveniles and two sub adults.

I was going to go for an adult because I have babies already, but given that EWD's are a little more skittish than say, Beardies, I figured a hatchling would be better so it can get used to the handling.

So I picked this regal looking fellow who was very interested in everything. He (she?) is called Magill and there are a couple of piccies up in my gallery. He is cute, but I am bias.

I also played with blue tongues, got pooped on, just my luck.

Then I discovered that there is no subway in Hurstville...that is bloody blaphemus

Sue

i know what you mean!!!!!
i had a look at the map and discovered that it was easier to get off at Pentsert,
Or so i thought.
What a walk!!!!!!!

Anyway, i picked up my 2 blue tongues yesterday.
i was the last person so i didn't get much choice.
I was talking to Ben and he couldn't say where they got them from.

He said that they don't usually do this it's just because taronga Zoo doesn't want anymore blueys or EWD's.

They are trialling this method of distributing lizards as an alternative to euthanising. I hope it works well!!

I already knew how the lizards were received, not the location though.

Did you get the itty bitty blue tongue?

Wow, how long are their tails? :D (rhetorical question)
I have never seen EWD hatchlings only beardies. Their tails look out of proportion to their bodies. :D

They are heaps long and definatey longer than their bodies. Probably to aid in swimming?

Wow, that is one lovely dragon. :eek:
Do they need a big enclosure once fully grown? I guess being a water dragon it will need a shallow bath or something to swim in too.
well done, enjoy her/him.. :p
ps. how's the phone box enclosure coming on? I love to see some pics.

Megan :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back