Major Upgrade this Weekend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Administrator

Hi All,

APS will be undergoing a major upgrade this weekend. The site will be down from approximately 11:30pm on Saturday night until the early hours of Sunday.

The upgrade will consist of the following core items:
  • Upgrade from vBulletin 3.8 to vBulletin 4
  • New Classifieds system for Shop & Swap

Apologies ahead of time for any inconvenience and headaches afterwards while I iron out the kinks.

That is actually the only time I can access the site, but if needs be.....:(
I am upgrading during this time because it will affect the fewest people. Obviously it will annoy a few, however the wee hours of the morning are least trafficked.

Just a reminder that this is happening tonight. Get your fix before 11:30 :)

Argh! Site isn't meant to be open yet. Closing it again now.

I'm re-opening the forums now, however there is still a lot of work to do, so please be patient :)

Change just for the sake of change isnt always a good thing . l really liked the old format , checking other sites it was their formats that sent me back to APS , l guess they dont seem so bad now .

Change just for the sake of change isnt always a good thing . l really liked the old format , checking other sites it was their formats that sent me back to APS , l guess they dont seem so bad now .

I think it'll just take a bit to get used to, then once we're comfortable with it it shouldn't be a problem.

The format has barely changed. Just had a facelift.
Be patient it will all come together.

New things scare me....

Within a week I won't even remember what the old site looked like :)

Yay! An upgrade!! :D Still a few kinks to iron out though. Good work to the Administrator who ever you are! :)

2 things stand out for me -

1. Are we going to be able to hide the silly news thing on the main index page?
2. When I click the APS logo in the top corner it used to take me back to the main index page..... Now it takes me to the forum index... Is that the way it's to stay?

I like it... there's always teething problems... but it feels better to me, and that's before I'm even used to it.

I've been impressed with the site since I found it, and this change is still for the better...

I posted a Q (before seeing this thread) about iPhone access, which apparently will return soon, and that's fantastic... if you haven't seen it, it's worth the look.

Great site... good improvements... well done APS!!!

New look APS

OK, is it just me, or has this site had a major over-haul.

Just logged on at work this morning, and the site is looking very different to what it looked like last night at home?? Dont like it all. Hope its just something with my wk computer, although its normally the same as at home.
????????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back