Male won't breed :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
I've got 6 marbled geckos (Christinus Marmoratus[FONT=arial, sans-serif])[/FONT] - [2 male, 4 female] one of my males has bred with 2 of the females almost every year gave the females a break last year, but my other male won't breed at all, so I'm thinking maybe he's not in the mood haha :) is there anything I can do to encourage him to mate? I don't heat the enclosure, so do I take him out during winter? and do I need to stop feeding him to make him brumate?

Any help will be great :)

Seperate them and cool them, I'm starting after my last levis lays.

how would I go about cooling them if I don't provide heat? and when I separate the males do I stop feeding them swell? should I separate them now, and when should I introduce them back to the females?

:)

Provide heat, melb temps will do the rest. I would start separating in a month or so and feed them but less while being cooled

Take the other male out.
He is probably being dominated by the other "alpha" male.

I would suggest buying danny browns book on keeping and breeding geckos for all the info you will need

I've been looking around and can't find that book, and none of the pet shop's I've been to don't have it

Pet shops rarely carry any decent books, if you google danny brown or geckodan it will take you to his website to buy online, we received ours quickly and well worth the price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back