Man bites snake in "learning experience"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapped

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Man bites snake in ‘learning experience’

AAP © Enlarge photo

[h=2]Related Links[/h]

When Orange resident Rodney Williams saw a brown snake in the front yard of his neighbour’s house, he didn’t want the potentially lethal animal to pose a threat.
So he did the unthinkable – picked the snake up off the ground and bit its head off, before biting into its stomach and tail.
Williams, who admitted he’d been drinking before the dangerous encounter, told Fairfax Media’s Central Western Daily that he’d seen Indigenous people kill snakes by biting them and had always wanted to try it for himself.
“I bit its head off first so it couldn’t bite me,” he said.
“That’s how you kill a snake, you don’t use a shovel.”
Williams, who was born and bred in Orange, said he’d never seen a brown snake in the area before but had seen a few red-bellied blacks. He described the incident as a “learning experience.”
“I’ll probably do it better next time,” he said.
However local snake handler Greg Pringle said it doubted it was a King Brown. "In all my years I have never seen one in Orange. There is an abundance of Copperheads here, which I think this snake probably was. But the best thing to do is to not go near them, just leave them alone.

Odds on favorite to win the moron redneck of the year award.

And they say drinking and driving is dangerous.......:facepalm:

That's disgusting, the poor snake was just minding his own business, next minute his in some moron's mouth :cry: shouldn't he get charged with cruelty to animals? Plus isn't killing snakes illegal?

“I’ll probably do it better next time,” he said.
I sincerely hope not.

- - - Updated - - -

That's disgusting, the poor snake was just minding his own business, next minute his in some moron's mouth :cry: shouldn't he get charged with cruelty to animals? Plus isn't killing snakes illegal?

It could be considered as posing an immediate threat to him or his family.

Yet another article that could have pointed out laws relating to native fauna, or at the least print the details of local snake re locators.

well if he does it again i hope the snake defends itself and gets him good. poor snake, if he did that to pretty much any other animal he would of been charged with cruelty but most people hate snakes so people in power don't care what happens to them. a law has to be made to protect snakes. but saldy if someone sees a snake even if its a harmless baby python all they have to say is they thought it was a ven and felt they were in danger or their family or pets and they get away with it. its a joke.

especially intoxicated and killing a ven is a very silly idea, i'm shocked he did not get bitten.

he is dead meat

i cant understand how he gets away with that . where is the justice.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope not.

- - - Updated - - -

It could be considered as posing an immediate threat to him or his family.

Yet another article that could have pointed out laws relating to native fauna, or at the least print the details of local snake re locators.

Yes but there other alternatives besides biting it head off

That's completely disgusting, how could anyone be so cruel, he should have just left the snake alone To many wanna be heros in this world!:evil:

I bite heads off snakes all the time. Though admittedly they are the jubalicious kind from Allen's and The natural confectionary co.

i wish it killed him ......i hope he gets what's coming sooner

Anyone have a particularly angry Ven we can put on his lawn and then all watch. :)

I hope he gets a bite from a Taipan :evil: Or gets bitten by 2 taipans! I'm not picky which one :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back