Man bites snake in "learning experience"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part of the story is 0 lessons were learnt and he admits to "doing it better next time" Not saying he "deserves" to be killed cause i wouldn't wish that upon anybody but i can foresee death for him if he continues listening to the stupid little devil on he's shoulder!!

No the logic behind the majority here is just silly to an extent I cannot believe. The snake was on his neighbors front lawn ( the article does not even write whether or not it was heading towards or away ), which I would say is posing a threat to his family or his neighbors family. Was the biting necessary? Of course not, he could have used a method that would cause the snake to have a quicker death but as the article says he was quite intoxicated. I would rather a human live any day over one snake. If the article was the other way round ( not a snake biting a man's head off ) with him or one of his family members getting fatally bitten people's views would be drastically different.

Would I have done the same thing? No but then again I have enough knowledge to know how to handle the situation properly without causing damage to myself or the snake. This was very a very unavoidable instance but again if you value one snakes life over a human's....well I cannot even respond.

Don't even bother. The amount of times I've argued the human life vs animal life here its lost any meaning. Apparently I'm a terrible person cause I value humans over animals. I once unintentionally started quite the s storm by saying I'd kill 100 of an endangered species to save one human. I'm told that makes me quite worthless and certain people would never do that because they're better than me, love their animals more and look after them better than I do. They neglected, however, to verify whether it would make a difference if the life being saved was that of them or their own child (insert rolly eyes here)

Don't even bother. The amount of times I've argued the human life vs animal life here its lost any meaning. Apparently I'm a terrible person cause I value humans over animals. I once unintentionally started quite the s storm by saying I'd kill 100 of an endangered species to save one human. I'm told that makes me quite worthless and certain people would never do that because they're better than me, love their animals more and look after them better than I do. They neglected, however, to verify whether it would make a difference if the life being saved was that of them or their own child (insert rolly eyes here)

But why did he he have to kill it?
IF he could pick it up and bite its head off then he could have easily put it into a bag and call Nat Parks.
The old "I was protecting my family" excuse doesnt really fly imo, not for this case anyway.

I didn't say he had to kill it, read my post, and read the last line of monitors post. Completely missed my point

I didn't say he had to kill it, read my post, and read the last line of monitors post. Completely missed my point

And it seems you have missed mine, my point is in this case it is obvious the snake did not have to be killed as he clearly had the snake restrained.

Exactly what I mean about the media giving it air time, too many copycat idiots. But when is any wildlife protection agencies going to step in when these stories are published? Sure doesn't seem like they do.

But when that video came to light of the teenage boys harming a baby kangaroo, that made the news and they went to court over it!

I don't like to hear about any type of native wildlife being harmed, but snakes are not given the same wildlife protection respect when the same laws 'supposedly' apply.

Completely missed my sarcastic point there didn't ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back