Man bitten by brown snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published: 06-Oct-08 03:14 PM
Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au

A 43-YEAR-OLD man has been rushed to a Sydney hospital after he was bitten on the fingertip by a brown snake.

Read More...

It sounds like the man tried to kill the snake therefore being bitten.

Or was bitten then tried to kill the snake either way.

Last paragraph:- The snake was killed before emergency crews arrived, allowing it to be identified so the required anti-venom treatment could be arranged.

AND AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 2 snakes in as many days (refering to the girl bitten in bed in NT!)

Venom ER has a lot to answer for, I reckon!

Last paragraph:- The snake was killed before emergency crews arrived, allowing it to be identified so the required anti-venom treatment could be arranged.

AND AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 2 snakes in as many days (refering to the girl bitten in bed in NT!)

Venom ER has a lot to answer for, I reckon!

Well thats what 90% of the general public would do in Australia unfortunately. I agree it's not nice for the snakes but how do you re-educate an entire population that have been raised thinking thats how you deal with snakes.

Well thats what 90% of the general public would do in Australia unfortunately. I agree it's not nice for the snakes but how do you re-educate an entire population that have been raised thinking thats how you deal with snakes.

you kill them. Then breed the population up again.

I agree kyro the general public don't see killing snakes is a bad thing to what we do, i suppose we should try to educate the new generations on how to deal with snakes in a bad situation or any situation.

Willa6: :shock: :?

It's all about people learning to live with wildlife. They're not all furry and cuddly.

At least I know where I stand with an elapid, a croc etc... as for humans, you don't have that same benefit, some of them will pretend to be nice then king hit you, an animal won't do that.

He shouldn't have been poking a Brown snake......Leave them alone and you won't get bitten.
It's pretty simple really but people don't listen.

Per

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back