Man fined $10,000 for killing 'iconic' croc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours are on the endangered list thanks to A - cats, B - Cane toads, C- foxes. Not because of the senseless slaughter for "fun, mythical medical marvels or progress." Seriously...
So how would you describe the slaughter of the Tasmanian Tiger? Because I’m fairly sure it was a competition between farmers to see how many could be killed.

So how would you describe the slaughter of the Tasmanian Tiger? Because I’m fairly sure it was a competition between farmers to see how many could be killed.
That's 1 species. How many have cats foxes and toads eradicated and just about eradicated?? More than 1?? Or less? Are we ever going to be able to effectively control that?

We are so effective as a species at eradicating other species yet we can't even eradicate the 3 biggest threats to our native animals... hmm

Last edited:

They had been wiped out on the mainland before any real farmers got here. While obviously not helpful, I do not believe white people killing them is the primary reason for their extinction. There are plenty of examples where farmers have caused massive environmental destruction and contributed to extinctions. Back on the topic crocs were probably on the way to becoming extinct in Australia, it made sense to stop harvesting them at that point. However these days they are thriving and we are the only natural predator that exists for large crocs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back