Maron/crayfish under log ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nico77

Reaction score
I flipped a log down the bush today and found something i wasnt expecting to see :) When i first saw 2 claws i thought it was a scorpion lol .

crayfish.jpg

crayfish2.jpg

Also got some more pics of 1 of the local keelbacks sheding and missed getting a photo of 2 others that disapered to quick .

keelback.jpg

cheers nico

i was :) it was pretty wet in its hole . I guesss it got under the log after a big rain , its in the wetlands but atleast 200m from water .

What do you mean you flipped a log?

Did you put it (the log) back carefully afterwards?

Is that Brighton in Brisbane your from, I use to live across the road from the wetlands there the same road as Nashville Primary, and the amount of Frogs we use to get when it rained was mental!

Hey nico,
Great finds man , dont worry about the fun police on here everyones always got something to say ...enjoy :)

Is that Brighton in Brisbane your from, I use to live across the road from the wetlands there the same road as Nashville Primary, and the amount of Frogs we use to get when it rained was mental!

Yeah mate north Brisbane It was the other bush between there and the pcyc ( near where the model planes get flown ) .

Hey nico,
Great finds man , dont worry about the fun police on here everyones always got something to say ...enjoy :)

Thanks , I dont mind i know what there getting at but i dont move big logs that are rotting away with things growing all over them , just the smaller loose looking ones and they always go back where they came from :)

Last edited:
Yep thats a yabby

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
WTB Freshwater crocodile
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey nico,

I just hate that word "flipped"....it implies flipping something over without caring or putting it back. I know it probably wasn't probably meant like that.

I don't have a problem with moving logs and looking under them as long as they are carefully put back afterwards. The word flip implies you couldn't give a rats a**se what happens to the logs/rock after you "flip" it! Just another americanism that seems to becoming accepted here!

lol i get how that sounds a bit rough , next time ill write " I carefully lifted the log and moved it aside before gently putting it back in place " :)
There is 1 bit of concrete at a spot i go to and every time i " carefully turn it over " there is a snake under it :) so it always gets put back to where it was ( so does any other rock/log that gets turned over ) , i have been moving some old bricks around into hides to see if it attracts more snakes aswell .

No worries nico.

Just with so many young herps and newcomers around it's very easy for them to get the wrong idea.

Many off us have seen our favourite spots and other areas destroyed by people "flipping" rocks, rolling etc and not putting things carefully back in place.

However as you have pointed out, carefully replacing cover (rocks, logs, etc) pays off, because next time you visit there is a very good chance you will find things again.

I try and drill that into my kids every time we go out , be carefull and put every thing back how it was :)
I might have to set a few yabbie traps now lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back