Mating and cooling temp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan1975

Not so new Member
Reaction score
When does everyone stop dropping night time temps during cooling and mating season been most of my pythons eg olives bhp and albino Darwin’s all have been hooking up already for the past few weeks should I leave temps now or keep cooling at night

When does everyone stop dropping night time temps during cooling and mating season been most of my pythons eg olives bhp and albino Darwin’s all have been hooking up already for the past few weeks should I leave temps now or keep cooling at night
My stimmies have mated a few times, but since it can take multiple times for a successful mating to occur I'm still dropping the night time temps until end of winter just so there's more chance of a successful mating ?

Slightly different between diff species I’ll cool from may to July and pair early august through to September

lowering heating hours to 8hrs a day in the middle of winter from 9-5 (from summer times 6am-8pm)
And let it drop to ambient temps (however I’ll be moving to blue mountains and setting a limit at 10c)

Latest posts

Back