Meet Azuritde (Baby GTP)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is absolutely stunning and so it Albino! can't wait 'til I am ale to get one of these beauties.

what is the difference between a normal gtp and a Biak gtp?

One is legal in Australia, the other (Biak) is not...

Jamie

No Biaks are definitely legal! You are allowed 2 in Australia as long as they were purchased licensed within Australia. To own any more you need a special license. They are simply jsut another locality of GTP's

i c by your car dash board u couldnt wait till u got home to have a handle of this guy!!!!........very nice addition i may say

Gorgeous new baby and stunning adult! Super jealous!!!!!! :p

Only when they're thirsty

Mom not sure if your being serious or not, but GTP's caudal lure for many reasons IME. When I walk into the room where I keek mine 9 times out of 10 there tails are going nuts. Just fed or not. They do it when there exited, angry, curious, and of course hungry. Feeding a GTP whenever they caudal lure will quickly result in a overweight GTP.

To the o.p gorgeous chondros.

He was having a joke about the spelling of 'caudal' as 'cordial' cordial is a drink...

Beautiful little critter you have there (does he have any siblings for sale? :p )

Re the licencing: We have multiple gtp localities available in Australia (biak is on of them) if you were to try to bring a Biak into the country now it would be illegal. An amnesty in the 90's saw many of the exotic locales made legal in the licensing system. In QLD to own a gtp with mixed heritage you should *technically* have the 'international' amendment to your license (I think that's what it's called)

Also according to QLD license regulations green tree pythons and woma pythons are classified as restricted pythons and under your basic recreational permit you are entitles to own only 2 restricted specimens, eg 1 woma & 1 gtp or 2 gtp or 2 womas. You can upgrade to get the restricted amendment made to your license that will allow you to keep more than two. The locale of the gtp has nothing to do with how many you're allowed to have, even if you had pure aussie chondros you could only have two unless you had the amendment. SOrry to hijack the thread but the info on here seemed a bit misleading and people ask about the restrictions on the QLD permit all the time.

Again, beautiful hatchy :) I have one coming on Monday, can't wait!

Thanks for that informative post Sarah. It's just what this thread needed, so well done. 8)

I like your contribution too Caliherp. You're quite right that GTP's (especially young ones) lure for various reasons but mostly when hungry.

Good one Sock Puppet! :lol: There's nothing wrong with well-placed humour (that one was just hanging there asking for it).
{no offence intended to the author of the misspelt word}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back