Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe next year we will take one of these home with us... hehehe thought people might get a laugh out of this... (it is just a photo of the photo so sorry about the quality)

Attachments

• reptile expo 017.jpg
    reptile expo 017.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 323
The Axanthic BHP Neil had on display was worth the trip in itself. Loved seeing the RHD Womas, Albino Olives & Darwins, some lovely Black and Gold Jungles and some of my favourites, Angle headed Dragons. Nearly bought some Green Tree Frogs, but my budget would stretch any further

Leezel73, that look on your kid's face is classic. Who needs a bearded dragon when you can have a monitor :)

I'm not sure why things went sour...
Hopefully this doesn't impact on them doing it next year
It just didn't seem to be set up as well as last years & there was
no where near as many people there this time around

Good to see a few new things being introduced
the vens display was great!
Also good to see more frilly's about.
A few of the "harder to find" reptiles there today
were either display only or non-feeders.

Heres hoping next year will be bigger & better..
I'm sure that people not having as much cash these days
has probably had some effect on the expo this year.

what do you mean things went sour? i was there early today though it was quite good but as everyone said could have been better i expected alot more animals to be for sale or on display but some really good prices on some things. also everyone was quite friendly and more then happy to help and answer questions

I mean it was quite dissapointing matty&nat..

Things could have been a lot better imo

yes i agree i was a bit dissapointed probably would have enjoyed it more if i had some money to spend though:D
all i took home was an old reptiles australia mag with some smooth knobtail info and a tub of king mealworms which the beardys loved

A nice pair of bredli, but to be honest didnt see anything else that really caught my eye

I have seen better Western Browns, but the one they had there wasn't bad.

I think the expo was a little disappointing, but by no means bad. They should be able to build on it and make it better for next year. I still enjoyed myself though, and look forward to attending again in the future.

Attachments

• Melbourne Reptile Expo 083.jpg
    Melbourne Reptile Expo 083.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 138
i dunno i just liked it, and it was really active even when i was there at about quater to 5 so it wassent just becuase it was in a new envirionment.
but ah well no joy. anyone with a similar western brown for sale let me know.

i came 6hrs to it, and must say i was very very dissapointed..
maybe i expected to much, but to me it seemed just to be a blackhead expo.

maybe next year will be better.

IMO its held to early in the year.
There was quite a high amount of animals that were display only,
due to not feeding yet.
If it was to be held mid to the end of March,
maybe there would be more hatchlings ready for sale.

I went there for a male Olive (got one, thanks Jan)
Also had an impulse buy and got an interesting looking reduced patten Coastal :shock:.

This was the first time i had gone to the expo.......and imo i thought it was disappointing agreed lots of bhp and there was not as much up for sale as i had hoped....... i was most upset that there were no private breeders (that i could see) i saw it as one big pet shop really......but i still enjoyed myself and me and the missus will make a day of it every year just hope its better next time...

just another female spotted, there was only one adult male in the entire place n was too small for my girl :(

I think had it of been later in the year, there might have been more feeders but they prolly would've allready been sold aswell. It was really a dissapointment, I though it was going to be bigger and better then last year, not just a bigger building.

I went there without any money hopeing it would stop me from buying anything but i went home and got cash and ended up with a female prossa carpet. ill post pics up soon:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back