Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey there all

i agree it was not as good as last years but with the turmoil, money wise at the moment i can see why a few private breeders did not attend.

Was great to catch up with the APS members that i found, richard..... how rude was that dang parking guy lol was having a good yac and he tells me to move on hahahaha

Andy was funny as when ya busted me heading back in after i went to the airport to drop off a pair of hypo bredli

will definatly be there next year, may even do a display myself would have brought a few hatchies from this season, although im not happy to sell untill they are feeding well. So i agree maybe abit later in the year would be better (maybe give us breeders another month or 2 to get everything feeding and ready to sell)

but big cheerz to all who organized the event, big hats off to you all

p.s. Andy and Bitey im taking you wallets next year lmao

Yeah busted you, but did you get anything 2nd time round?
Also, note to self, get a wallet with chain, or keep wallet down front of pants :p

Gee thats a beautiful jungle aurea23. Some of the jungle pythons there were just breathtaking. Anyone else get a shiver down their spine walking past the dept stall? lol

Last edited:
Look..all told it was a great day, how often do you see rough scales in the flesh and a few GTP's..the exhibitors were all friendly and didnt mind a chat.
My only complaint is levelled at varanid_mike...he woodn sell me the male water python:(

:) I got that water python about 10 years ago and he has traveled oz with me 3 times doing schools, i would probably sell one of my daughters before him, sorry mate. Want to buy a stimsons, baby alpine blotched or baby ridge tails let me know.
mike

My son wasn't too sure of this one either... But heaps better with that than the other...

Attachments

• reptile expo 016.jpg
    reptile expo 016.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 102
dissapointed??????????????????????????????????

maybe yall shouldnt be so quick to jump on it.

we dont have an expo in se qld and if we did we cant buy a thing
so stop ya complainin, alot of people went to alot of trouble just so you could step inside.

Now to play the devils advocate!

How many of you that purchased or handled reptiles observed proper Quarentine/hygene practice when going home after the Expo?

Did you isolate any purchases well away from your own collection?
Eg, in a seperate part of the house or better still in a totally different building?
Did you change your clothing and shower before tending your collection later that day or
evening.
The reason i bring this point of quarentine/hygene up is the amount of people that were
handling whatever they could get their hands on for a look was totally astounding

We enjoyed the Expo and congratulate the organisation committee on a great show.
Will be there again next year for another look and dont touch tour.

dissapointed??????????????????????????????????

maybe yall shouldnt be so quick to jump on it.

we dont have an expo in se qld and if we did we cant buy a thing
so stop ya complainin, alot of people went to alot of trouble just so you could step inside.

:D:D:D very nicely put coz666. I was not involved with the organising of the Expo, just helping Brian at the HerpShop stall.

I appreciate the amount of work that goes into such an event. I also appreciate those that came from far and near to attend. I appreciate the stall holders, it is a HUGE job putting up the displays and animals and then packing it up at the end of the day. This has only been the 3rd one held in Victoria and it gets bigger every year.

As someone said in an earlier post there are other factors to think about atm...such as job losses happening, the bush fires which would have held a 'few' people back from coming financially (although it was really special seeing one of the families from Kinglake there). A VHS member that lost their home and all their reptiles on their property. :cry:

I had a lot of fun and I hope we have another one next year!

Well me and my mate flew over for the weekend,And we were there from 9.30 til after the auction, 4 ish.We thought it was great,Just dissapointed we couldn't take any animals home with us especially the snakes sold in the auction for a steal ($ 310 for a pair of Bredli :shock:). Im sure alot of work went into it.Thanks to the organisers,It was a great day out :)

This is what I went in to get from expo but was dissapointed that I couldn't find any so drove home and rang a few different pet shops and found what I was after...

May I say I didn't see 1 person with a tag on... No I didn't wear one but I was interested..
I had one!
And a few people noticed it too
I think I saw you leezel

1st 3 pics exhibit's 4th my new frilly

1 Frilled dragon
2 Albino Blotched
3 Kimberly monitor
4 My new frilly :)

Attachments

• dcf5.jpg
    dcf5.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 52
  • dcf3.jpg
    dcf3.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 60
  • dcf1.jpg
    dcf1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 50
  • dcf8.jpg
    dcf8.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 51
Now to play the devils advocate!

How many of you that purchased or handled reptiles observed proper Quarentine/hygene practice when going home after the Expo?

Did you isolate any purchases well away from your own collection?
Eg, in a seperate part of the house or better still in a totally different building?
Did you change your clothing and shower before tending your collection later that day or
evening.
The reason i bring this point of quarentine/hygene up is the amount of people that were
handling whatever they could get their hands on for a look was totally astounding

We enjoyed the Expo and congratulate the organisation committee on a great show.
Will be there again next year for another look and dont touch tour.

No replies Beeman :lol: Wonder if you have people worrying now. :p I know a few members that would have been following correct quaranteen procedures, this is the reason I don't bring my lic to the expo. Until I have my house set up better I wont have a quaranteen area. I didn't go straight home so I was ok. I stayed at a mates place so by the time I got home I was all clean in fresh clothes. I bought a few accessories I've been dying to get so I was stoked! I met a heap of people and have more faces to put with names and caught up with some friends so I have a good day.
I did look at all the people at one stage and think that same thing as you Beeman. All the touching and handling and cuddling.
Great too see some elapids there, what were the regulations with that. Would you have been allowed to sell elapids there? I noticed Frilly's for sale and from what I can remember they are on your advanced lic so would it mean you could have sold elapids had you wanted too? I'd have bought the western brown if it were for sale! :p
I agree with those who think it should be run further in March when more private breeders have their youngin's feeding well and sloughing well. I might even have some babies available by the end of March! :p
I was happy with the day and the expo, well done to all involved and I can't wait to go again next year.

punja

i got to meet m.punja

I would brag about that........:lol::lol::lol::lol: sorry mate I could'nt resist.

For those of you who were disappointed with the expo and live relatively close to Melbourne and are not members of the VHS can I suggest possibly joining as numbers and new ideas are always welcome and furthermore needed. Can I also suggest that of things are not what you expected then possbily put your hand up as a volunteer to help set-up for the day.

I got there at around 3:20 and caught up with DiamondPython from this site and Afro and various toher people I have met over the years. I will certainly be making every attempt to help out next year and with new ideas and support it can only get better. We should be greatfull to the people who put in many long hours and trust me they have meeting with relevant parties D.S.E and showgrounds officials to make this an enjoyable event.

The auction was pretty good and my son ended up getting 6 Green Tree Frogs for $30. We then headed to (I think it was Mike's extremely large stand) and picked up glass enclosures for $110 which was slightly above cost price.

My wife hates all things herps but strangely has allowed the frogs to be kep in the main living room of our house and the frogs have been feeding quite happily.

Can't wait to next year.

hahahaha nah second time around was simply to drop off an incubator to another member off of here (upgrading to a very big unit for this coming season :-D)

so no fortunatly for me and my morgage there wasnt a huge amount that tickled my fancy this year, everything i wanted was "display" only hahaha like the Axanthic BHP

and dam those snake ranch folk not only did they tease me as they did last year with there rough scaled python on show, but this year they got me with the pygmy pythons *shakes fist at Vic DSE*

anyhoo glad it was on and great to see a good crowd

p.s. i want my albino darwin lucky door prize!!!

Yeah busted you, but did you get anything 2nd time round?
Also, note to self, get a wallet with chain, or keep wallet down front of pants :p

No replies Beeman :lol: Wonder if you have people worrying now. :p I know a few members that would have been following correct quaranteen procedures, this is the reason I don't bring my lic to the expo. Until I have my house set up better I wont have a quaranteen area. I didn't go straight home so I was ok. I stayed at a mates place so by the time I got home I was all clean in fresh clothes. I bought a few accessories I've been dying to get so I was stoked! I met a heap of people and have more faces to put with names and caught up with some friends so I have a good day.
I did look at all the people at one stage and think that same thing as you Beeman. All the touching and handling and cuddling.

I was thinking the same thing Mark. :p

i got one thing to say.. WILL THEIR BE ANOTHER SHOW? anywere else? somewere near nsw? plz pm me if you know details thanks.

Great too see some elapids there, what were the regulations with that. Would you have been allowed to sell elapids there? I noticed Frilly's for sale and from what I can remember they are on your advanced lic so would it mean you could have sold elapids had you wanted too? I'd have bought the western brown if it were for sale! :p

The only animals that were restricted were elapids... nothing to do with what sort of licence was required to keep them. They even had animals we cannot keep such as pig nosed turtles and rough scaled pythons on display... but not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back