Metabolic disease?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooly505

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I know it happens to bearded dragons if you dont have a uvb light but does it occur with other lizards?

I know it happens to bearded dragons if you dont have a uvb light but does it occur with other lizards?
yes sure can , one of the easyist ways to avoid it happening is take the lizard out side [ make sure u have shade for it ]

Check out my thread, it's about a Lace monitor I bought that turned out to have MBD and her snout bent down from pushing on the glass of her enclosure.

She got MBD from the previous owner feeding her a "meat only" diet (chicken breast). Lacies can't absorb calcium without the vitamin D3, which they get from the livers in small animals e.g. Rats (you also get this vitamin from the sun).
If the reptile can't absorb calcium, then they will end up getting MBD.

Here's a link. There's lots in there about MBD.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/lace-monitor-mbd-graphic-169275/

Thanks! just wasent sure I bought a new yakka skink from a breeder and it looked like it haden't had uvb light but i didn't know that it occurs to skinks.

lack of UVB isn't the total reason it occurs, it occurs mainly (in reptiles) from overheating causing rapid growth rates combined with poor diet and lack of natural sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back