Mildly venomous snakes NSW class !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Mildly venomous snakes NSW class 1

Hi all! Who keeps mildly venomous snakes? I was mainly looking at the species that are permitted in NSW under a class 1 license. What are your favourites? Which ones are readily available? Post pics if you can! Thanks a mint!

Last edited:
A friend of mine told me to tell you to contact Ray O'Connell or Jamie Gover. They both keep class 1 Elapids.

Both these blokes keep class 1 Elapids, but be warned, their not cheap. Most of them go for between $400 to $1000 each. But, if thats what your passion is, money well spent.

do you have to be 18 to keep them? i would love to get some next year!

Yellow faced whips go for $400-$1000?

I imagine skink feeding = $400, pinkie feeding= $1000

:D

-H

Jamie Gover is very experienced, and i highly recommend him.

Sadly, mildly venomous stuff does not come up often at all.

yeah i really want a red naped snake... but dont no much about em... there probably ultra rare and expensive.. lol everything i seem to like is impossible to get!

i wish i had 1.600 $ around about now...

ewan if you check the faun list only 4 de vis banded snakes are kept in nsw!
im more into the small venomous ones, but typically there impossible to find!

4? That's it? Awesome looking snakes! Be interesting to see how fast they sell. I'm really interested in a marsh snake (black bellied swamp snake) maybe ill have to wait till I change to class 2 and get the RBBS I want.

yeah i like the marsh snakes aswell. and was hoping to get a rbbs when im on class 2, but now i cant :( so ill stick to midly venomous

green tree snakes are about $600

Green tree snakes belong to the colubrid family. Which is not quite what I was looking for. I was more interested in the elapid family that can be kept on class 1 license in NSW. Unfortunately there seems to be hardly any information out there for keeping these elapids in captivity.

DSCN8278.jpg

Here's a $1k animal. :D

No, theres been no breeding, and if I did, they wouldn't be advertised on here :D :D :D

-H

Here's another;)

Attachments

• whip0003.JPG
    whip0003.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back