Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdumb

Reaction score
Hi, my female Uluru Woma python has milky eyes but only just finished her shed about two days ago. (Note: her eye caps were removed in the initial shed, and her eyes were fine afterwards.) She has been on antibiotics due to her shed not following through properly due to myself not having the humidity correct in her tank; I have now fixed this problem. The wrong humidity caused scale infection on her underbelly, although, she is now much better and doing well. Can the antibiotic shots she’s been getting make her eyes react like this, or is it possible she’s going into another shed?
Thanks.

Snakes which are experiencing skin problems can tend to shed much more frequently than usual. Commonly snakes recovering from a mite infestation will shed a couple of times in a short period, and while what you have described is nothing to do with a parasite issue, the effect of a humidity-related scale infection will be similar.
Providing you have corrected this underlying problem, the snake's shedding pattern should slowly return to normal.

Snakes which are experiencing skin problems can tend to shed much more frequently than usual. Commonly snakes recovering from a mite infestation will shed a couple of times in a short period, and while what you have described is nothing to do with a parasite issue, the effect of a humidity-related scale infection will be similar.
Providing you have corrected this underlying problem, the snake's shedding pattern should slowly return to normal.
Hi my hatchling(5 months old) just shed his skin 5 days ago and his shed is perfect eyes and all to day his eyes are looking dull can anyone help
[automerge]1618992170[/automerge]
Thank you I have same problem his eyes are not as shiny as before a perfect shed he’s a hatchling children’s python after I took him out in the sun he was rubbing his face against a fake rock in his enclosure (theirs no mites) I’ll keep an eye on humidity it has fallen last few days but now I’ll try your method raising humidity it makes perfect sense cheers.
[automerge]1619066999[/automerge]
[automerge]1619067109[/automerge]
I’m worried about these dull eyes after he shed his shed looks like the eyes were shed too after 7 days his eyes look rough on the outside

Attachments

• 6BA25A81-280E-41A3-AC14-5B213A9B6F62.jpeg
    6BA25A81-280E-41A3-AC14-5B213A9B6F62.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back