Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
posting agian sorry but i have had no help yet and lizards arnt my forte: my beardie does not look similar to most i have seen around, i think he is a pygmy but im not sure cause i dont no his age, hes over a year thats all i know.
.IMG_9014.jpgIMG_9013.jpg377864_10150442650087112_736497111_10388117_2146541486_n.jpg377737_10150442647087112_736497111_10388082_1258853447_n.jpg

Edit: Just noticed what state your from. Agree with Barf21.

Last edited:
wouldnt have a clue, but he does look different, cute as tho! :)

looks similar to mine, it was sold to me as a western bearded dragon but after 2 years hes still very small, compared to other western beardeds i have seen in the shops

gee is it just me or does it look like a water dragon x beardie???

I agree, eyes in first n second photo weirdly remind me of a boyds forrest dragon as well.

regardless he looks awesome!

jump on the australian bearded dragon forum or pm brettix and ask him.??

gee is it just me or does it look like a water dragon x beardie???

I personally don't see any features that would remind me of a water dragon.. But let's just for a moment assume it was a bearded x water, would the water part not make the animal bigger than a regular bearded? Rather than smaller.

its toes look longer and scales around the mouth look different? yer? head just looks water dragon like IMO

Looks like a pretty standard Pogona minor to me. Theres more than likely a bit of mitchelli blood mixed into captive gene pool in WA but that animal doesnt really show any traits common to mitchelli as far as i can see. Size is determined by food intake, it all depends on how much and how regularly you feed.

posting agian sorry but i have had no help yet and lizards arnt my forte: my beardie does not look similar to most i have seen around, i think he is a pygmy but im not sure cause i dont no his age, hes over a year thats all i know.
.View attachment 236409View attachment 236410View attachment 236411View attachment 236412

It's obviously a western bearded dragon :p
after all western bearded dragons are the only dragons sold in perth(and long nosed ta ta dragons), some of them have orange/yellow feet and legs and grey bodies :D

It looks like Pogna minor minor, the Western Bearded Dragon to me. Does it hold its tail in an arc above its body when climbing on rocks or branches?

So you know, P. m. mitchelli is actually a larger subspecies, more brightly coloured and has different arrangement of spines and broader head (like an equilateral triangle).

Blue.

FYI: Water Dragons are a relatively new coloniser in Australia and are only distantly related to Bearded Dragons. They are a lot more closely related to Forest (Angle-headed) Dragons in eastern Australia and SE Asia. I would suggest that the likelihood of a viable inter-generic cross is zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back