Missed Strike

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats aluminium tape that was covering the probe cable where it came thru the enclosure wall, it pulled loose when she grabbed the tip of the probe. Normally that stuff is almost impossible to remove.
Thankfully the Habistat pulse thermo is still working or it would have been an expensive bite.
Wouldn't you be better off with a piece of ply cut in half with a circle drilled in the middle then nailed or screwed off?

Jeez, you could either wait for them to let go, or search up on yt how to get a snake of ya finger
Unfortunately it was sort of my fault and was at 2am after I fell asleep and woke up in a panic realising I’d forgotten to feed him :p

Wouldn't you be better off with a piece of ply cut in half with a circle drilled in the middle then nailed or screwed off?

Ive been doing it this way for years without problem, the probe is inserted through a hole and the tape just secures it flat against the wall and seals the hole. I use the same tape to secure the heat cable in my hatchling racks and incubators and it is permanent and cleanable. It might be a bit crude but it makes it easy to optimise the probe position.
IMG_6368.jpg

Mine has missed spectacularly and ended up with a mouthful of bedding (I use chipsi, so wasn't a big issue).. Nothing that extreme though :eek:

This is a interesting thread love hearing about the different feeding mishaps, YT do you mind telling me what the brand name of that tape is i like it and have some ideas. Oh and for the newbies, Please it is best not to use tape in any snake enclosure as it can be disastrous.

MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, a guy at the reptile park told me that with smaller snakes, you let them swallow your fingers up to the knuckles, then at the knuckles place two pencils parallel to each other across the top and bottom of your finger. When the snake reaches there, it has to open up wider to try and get what it perceives to be a bump in the prey (the pencils) down, and while the mouth is open wide, simply slide your finger out. :confused:

This is a interesting thread love hearing about the different feeding mishaps, YT do you mind telling me what the brand name of that tape is i like it and have some ideas. Oh and for the newbies, Please it is best not to use tape in any snake enclosure as it can be disastrous.

MD

IMG_6382.jpg

Hmm thanks YT look like some sort of special fire tape or something never seen it before but i just like that it has a reflective foil like surface. The closest i can find is the silver air con duct tape so that will have to do. Thanks for the photo.

MD

Hmm thanks YT look like some sort of special fire tape or something never seen it before but i just like that it has a reflective foil like surface. The closest i can find is the silver air con duct tape so that will have to do. Thanks for the photo.

MD

It is aluminium foil and the adhesive is unbelievable, I think I got it from Masters when they were closing down so it is probably American.

You know, a guy at the reptile park told me that with smaller snakes, you let them swallow your fingers up to the knuckles, then at the knuckles place two pencils parallel to each other across the top and bottom of your finger. When the snake reaches there, it has to open up wider to try and get what it perceives to be a bump in the prey (the pencils) down, and while the mouth is open wide, simply slide your finger out. :confused:
With the bigger snakes wait till it’s at ur elbow. Duhhhh (that’s silly advice to be completely honest, surely that’d be hurting the snake if u just slide ur finger out from inside :/)

With the bigger snakes wait till it’s at ur elbow. Duhhhh (that’s silly advice to be completely honest, surely that’d be hurting the snake if u just slide ur finger out from inside :/)
How is that silly advice? Anything you can do to lift the teeth out of your finger before pulling it out is not silly. Another good release method is the edge of a credit card slid slowly into the mouth to lift the teeth.

Apparently it feels weird, but not as weird as you'd think...

How is that silly advice? Anything you can do to lift the teeth out of your finger before pulling it out is not silly. Another good release method is the edge of a credit card slid slowly into the mouth to lift the teeth.
Apparently it feels weird, but not as weird as you'd think...
I misread ur comment, I was thinking of second knuckle :p so yes I’m sure that would be a viable way although not the best

I misread ur comment, I was thinking of second knuckle :p so yes I’m sure that would be a viable way although not the best
So from your limited 'experience' what is the best way to remove a snake from your finger then Bl69aze?

For feeding mishaps and wrap and hold bites where the snake has its teeth well and truly in to you or any inanimate objects and refuses to let go i have a spray bottle with Listerine in it, 1 quick spray into the snakes mouth and they let go real quick, and on the plus side they end up with nice "Minty" breath, there is nothing in it that does the snake any harm and whether it is the Alcohol or the peppermint essence it works well. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling-

For feeding mishaps and wrap and hold bites where the snake has its teeth well and truly in to you or any inanimate objects and refuses to let go i have a spray bottle with Listerine in it, 1 quick spray into the snakes mouth and they let go real quick, and on the plus side they end up with nice "Minty" breath, there is nothing in it that does the snake any harm and whether it is the Alcohol or the peppermint essence it works well. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling-
Good idea to have snakes with nice breath but the vodka is dual purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back