Missing a snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadCricket

Reaction score
Ormiston, Queensland, Australia, Australia
I was asked to come out to the industrial estate near Logan, QLD, today and check out a python that was "menacing" the workers in a family friends workshop. To my surprise i found a nice python that is so unbelievably calm and friendly that i have to assume that it is someone's well handled friend. If you are missing a python in that area please feel free to contact me

I was asked to come out to the industrial estate near Logan, QLD, today and check out a python that was "menacing" the workers in a family friends workshop. To my surprise i found a nice python that is so unbelievably calm and friendly that i have to assume that it is someone's well handled friend. If you are missing a python in that area please feel free to contact me

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i'm not sure if this was the place to post this thread but it wouldn't let me post in the general discussion thread to here it is.

I've never run into one this friendly. It's friendlier than some of my pythons. I walked right up behind it and it didn't even look up. Reached down to pick him up and he basically just slithered up onto my arm and decided to relax there.

I've never run into one this friendly. It's friendlier than some of my pythons. I walked right up behind it and it didn't even look up. Reached down to pick him up and he basically just slithered up onto my arm and decided to relax there.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, he is a gorgeous and friendly little guy and i would certainly be missing him if he had escaped. Can't hurt to check if anyone is missing one locally.

ive found heaps of placid wild coastals exactly like youve described , dont even really flinch when picked up not saying that its wild either

I don't know the area at all but I am guessing that there is bushland around close by? If so best thing to do would be to release it in that area.

im from the same area but thankfully my little guy is all safe and snug in his enclosure lol. Lovely of you to put it out there tho, u never know it may be a pet :)

Just because it is calm doesn't mean it is a captive animal. I have encountered snakes in the wild here that are just as placid as any captive snake, not struck once, hissed....or pooed over me!

it is very common to get placid carpets around here, the only ones that seem to be aggressive are the ones under 6' nearly all the big ones are great to handle, its the same with most elapids too imo...
Common carpet, or Brisbane or Coastal - Morelia spilota mcdowelli

I have a Coastal at home still that I was called out to relocate about 6 months ago. When I found her (Hidden behind the washing machine), she had a terrible gash across her midsection. When I got her out, she was not aggressive despite the fact she must have been in alot of pain and was quite happy to be handled and placed into the bag. Makes me wish I could keep her once the wound is healed, but sadly, as per my permit conditions, she will need to be released. \
Guess its an excuse to buy a Coastal... :p

i have a friend who has a costal that he got out at a party that there would have been 100 people at and everyone was having a hold and when it was time to put him back he was devo and just wanned to come back out.. it was almost black and gold and looked like a jungle so i was surprised it was placid like that.. great snake but i really dont need anymore :)

i have a friend who has a costal that he got out at a party that there would have been 100 people at and everyone was having a hold and when it was time to put him back he was devo and just wanned to come back out.. it was almost black and gold and looked like a jungle so i was surprised it was placid like that.. great snake but i really dont need anymore :)

Thats a nice storey but how is it relevant to this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back