missing sulfa crested cockatoo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintanger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
my boy Bob escaped yesterday, i should of named him hudini. he is a 2 and a half year old sulfa crested cockatoo.
he answeres wen someone says his name or hello. he talks very well and will ask for a scratch scratch. he escaped from sydney south west. if anyone finds him please contact me. reward offered for his safe return.

thanks

I hope you find him! Our galah Dennis the Menace does this too us all the time. Keep his cage open and full of food, he might pop himself away.

Ring the wildlife groups, WIRES 8977 3333 and Sydney Wildlife 94134300 and let them know. I dont know about Wires but we have a whiteboard in the office with this info on it.

cool. thank you.

i'v had bob since he was 3 days old. he is like one of the kids, my daughter misses him:(
its been such a bad year, we had to put our dog down and have lost 1 bird she just dropped dead. also 2 pythons and a gecko passed away.

i can't wait till this year ends.

Last edited:
good news, we got bob back today. i told all my friends if they saw any cockatoos to say hello bob and if one answers back to grab him. this afternoon my friend was walking over to my house and saw a cockatoo 5 doors uo from my place attacking a lady (biting her feet). so she stopped and said hello bob and he turned around and said "hello bob scratch scratch" she was to scared to grab him so she ran to my house and my partner and nephew ran down and grabbed him.

i am so relieved to have him home. but he is in the naughty corner at the moment.

wow thats fantastic news i'm glad this story had a happy ending.

i can't believe i got my boy back, i seriously thought someone will hear him talk cause he never stops talking and they are gonna think cool bird and catch him and keep him.

the lady who he was biting turned around and said "don't hurt him, don't catch him" my nephew turned around and had to explain it was our bird that got out 2 days ago.

i have not slept for 2 nights and have been costantly checking if he is out the back or if he was back in his cage ect i can finally rest and will be sleeping tonight.

Oh that's great news :) I've got two parrots and I know what you mean when you say they're like one of the kids. I'd be sleepless too. I'm so glad you've had a happy ending. Might be time for some heavy duty padlocks LOL I hope next year is better for you

thanks everyone for the kind words and suport.

he is NEVER going back in that avery, he will now be in his large cage indoors or roaming the house freely.

bob is special, i have had him since he was 3 days old. due to having to feed him every few hours clean his face after every feed. bath him even used baby wipes to clean his bottom. he was my baby and now he is my bog boy with attitude. he chases the dogs and bites them stands over them for their biscuits. he is so full of character and always has a mouthful to say.

wen he asks for a scratch scratch and i tell him i am busy do it yourself he does! he lifts his leg and scratches his head and neck lol

- - - Updated - - -

flinn 1 334.jpgflinn 1 335.jpg

Great news. I always say hello to any large parrots I rescue. I have had quite a few reply. I dont always find their family buts its great when I do. One that sticks out is a sulphey on the ground. I put the cage down and said "get in the cage" and he did. My daughter wanted to know his name so I said "ask him" and he said "Hello Eric" A week later a friend saw a poster on a power pole asking if anyone had seen Eric.

i cant believe you got him back!!

great to see a happy ending!!

thanks everyone. i know wen i got up this morning i had to check that i was not dreaming. he is back to himself running around biting people on their feet, stealing biscuits of my 19 month old and eating them with a smirk on his face. swearing at me wen i tell him to stop stealing off the baby lol. bob is bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back