mitchells water monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanbrisvegas

Reaction score
hi all

just wondering if anyone can give some advice on keepping them as im getting one in around 7 weeks long time i kno but i want the set up to b perfect going for dimensions of 6ftlong x 4fthigh x 3wide with a pond ( the ones that go in your garden ) and a waterfall in it with plenty of branches basking spots ect may even try my luck at a fake backing (polistyorene way ) anyone have anymore suggestions or advice on them it would be very much appreciated

Hi mate
I gotta couple of these guys, mine live in a 6x3x3 aquarium split down the middle with a 1ft high divider, then filled with water. Make sure you have a fairly powerful filter and change the water frequently as these guys tend to go to the toilet in the water alot, I also heat the water to around 28 degrees, they feed on mice, boiled egg, roo mince and insects, make sure you provide alot of heat (as with all monitors) and mine tend to enjoy basking above water.
They tend to be really flighty (even hand raised ones) and never really settle down, but they are great display animals, just not really good to handle (from my experience anyway)
hope you enjoy them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back