Mites photo????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cadwallader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Found this on my male woma this morning any experienced comments?

Attachments

• mites?.jpg
    mites?.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 135
Doesn't look like mites to me. I know in lizards that when the scales turn black it means the tissue under those areas are dead...not sure it the same with womas though or if it is just colouring :/

I have never owned a woma, just adding a bit of experience...

Iv had a recent issue with mites... doesnt look like mites at all to me. Has he just shed?

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Do you use a heat matt? Looks very similar to some burns one of my pythons received from a matt.

he is on a 15 watt heat cord its slightly warm at the moment, no chance of burning I'm crazy about keeping mites of but in the last 3 months i would have moved 60 snakes in and then out again! the black colouring is sitting on the top of the scales which is the strange thing not like mite sitting underneath, but will be watching with a keen eye!!! as i have not seen mites in the flesh before just random pics.

If it was mites the scales would be lifted with mites sitting underneath. I asked about him shedding as it looks like pigmentation to me.

As saximus suggested it might be from the news paper but i have my woma on news paper and havent seen this maybe try to rub it off gently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back