Monitor eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzGecko

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought I'd share my news with you. My female Varanus primordius has dropped her clutch. 6 eggs in all, 5 of which are fertile. Fingers crossed in a few months I'll hear the pitter patter of tiny feet.
I'll keep you posted.

Daniel

Pics Dan, Pics??? :D :D well done and best of luck with them eggs.
Joel

are they for sale how much, and pics, of eggs and parents if you will??

FANKIES !!!!

Okay, I get the idea you all would like some pics. Wont happen today due to work, but I'll see what I can do over the next few days.
Also definitely primordius. I wish I had some prasinus.

Daniel

Daniel, are you in NSW?
I'm very interested in getting primordius at some point, last time I asked no one could tell me of any breeders, although I know they are out there.

peterjohnson64 said:
Was that primordius or prasinus? Just confirming. hehe

Hehe, when I read the first post I thought "I bet Peter reads that and momentarily has wishful thinking" :lol: Looks like I was right :p You'll get them one day no doubt ;)

re Monitor

Sdaji said:
peterjohnson64 said:
Was that primordius or prasinus? Just confirming. hehe

Hehe, when I read the first post I thought "I bet Peter reads that and momentarily has wishful thinking" :lol: Looks like I was right :p You'll get them one day no doubt ;)
Yeh PMSL sarge,poor uncle Pete will have to go to New Guinea to get his rocks off :p

I apologise in advance for the poor quality photos, I'll try to get some better shots on wednesday.
With regards to whether or not I'll be selling them, I wait to see what hatches first because I am interested in holding back a couple myself, but there is probably a good chance of another clutch, the way the female is feeding.
Magpie, I'm located in SA.

Daniel

Sorry all for the size of the photos, I tried re-sizing, but obviously should have cut them back a bit more.
First photo shows the clutch with a five cent piece for scale.
Second shows female on left, male on right. All the sand you see is because unlike my storrs monitors, which will use a nest box, the female primordius wouldn't which meant I had to mound sand at one end of the enclosure.
Both animals are also covered in sand unfortunately.

Daniel

Tiny little eggs :)

The pictures are perfectly sized for my taste (others may hate you :lol: ) Bigger is better, I don't want to look at thumbnails :p

What incubation medium are you using? It looks like a mixture of perlite and sand, I can't say I've tried that one! Goannas always look aweful after laying eggs, I'm surprised your girl looks as good as she does. The substrate makes them look worse too, my gilleni often look pretty ratty when they've been digging in the sand, which makes them look neglected, which makes me reluctant to post photographs :lol:

Congratulations :)

how big are those primorius? what sized tank you keep em in, they look great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back