monitor food.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonss

Reaction score
hi everyone..
i was just looking at this in a pet shop and was wondering if anyone had tryed it for lizards. (wombaroo insectivore rearing mix )

its use primarily for birds but was wondering if mixed with mince or maybe pinky bits rolled in it..
its a powder with plenty of vitiamins and minerals. it also says it can be mixed with a little water and rolled into little balls..
anyway just wondering.
cheers paul.

hi everyone..
i was just looking at this in a pet shop and was wondering if anyone had tryed it for lizards. (wombaroo insectivore rearing mix )

its use primarily for birds but was wondering if mixed with mince or maybe pinky bits rolled in it..
its a powder with plenty of vitiamins and minerals. it also says it can be mixed with a little water and rolled into little balls..
anyway just wondering.
cheers paul.

Hehe sounds good to me paul.
But I have to ask,by pinky bits did you mean cut up a pinkie mouse into small edible sections?

yeah john bits of pink mice as in bite size bits..lol

have already learnt that whole pinkys with multipul monitors makes a hell of a mess...lol

cheers paul.

I used Wombaroo insectivore mix on my birds, have also used it for my bandicoot and more importaantly blue tongue lizards who loved it. We mixed it with mince and fruit for them and they loved it.
You can also buy a Wombaroo brand carnivore mix which I used for the bandicoot but I didnt try it on the lizards.

cheers pinkie

if the blue tounges were into it i cant see why a monitor wouldnt have a go at it as well

paul.

Paul, Best way I find to use it is to mix a packet (500g I think) with about 1-2kg of low fat mince, and some water to texture. Best way I have found of getting low fat mince is to buy the roo meat pieces from a pet shop and put them through the food processor. Blueys and beardies love it. Pretty sure most monitors would too. :D Most monitors I have seen would eat a tennis ball If you rolled it into their cage. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back