Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few new photos of my youngest. Not quite a scalaris though...

5a1916080b08ee19d89461d45b52e60f.jpg

what is that it is gorgeous?

Thats a stunning little mangrove. And im pretty sure they came from blue and yellow parents and most of the time as yearlings they will turn more blue. I do have a couple available to me if i want them, in which i do but its more of a size and enclosure issue for me. I do think there one of the most beautiful monitors we have. And seeing that pic isn't helping my cause :)

If its the one in vic yeh ive seen it and its being sold because its not tame. Some people only want ones that sit on your lap apparently

That's funny! :D

I sold the same guy a 4ft lacie. I had the lacie at a stage that if i put my arm in his enclosure he would climb onto my arm to come out. He obviously didn't keep up the work with him because i heard he gave him away a few mths later because he wasn't tame enough

I sold the same guy a 4ft lacie. I had the lacie at a stage that if i put my arm in his enclosure he would climb onto my arm to come out. He obviously didn't keep up the work with him because i heard he gave him away a few mths later because he wasn't tame enough
People like this should stick to fluffy animals.

If its the one in vic yeh ive seen it and its being sold because its not tame. Some people only want ones that sit on your lap apparently

That's a shame. I think the lizard is very beautiful. It's nice to have reptiles that are comfortable around humans, but it can take a lot of time to get there - if they do. Needless to say, most reptiles aren't the "cuddly" type. Perhaps if the guy held onto the monitor longer and persevered it might calm down? I would like to think I would hold onto such a beautiful lizard forever.

Here's a photo from the advert. Ah, if only.

664288-800x600.jpeg

I have "given" my wife a Spencer's monitor hatchling for Mother's Day; unfortunately it doesn't arrive until next week. Will post some pics.

That's a shame. I think the lizard is very beautiful. It's nice to have reptiles that are comfortable around humans, but it can take a lot of time to get there - if they do. Needless to say, most reptiles aren't the "cuddly" type. Perhaps if the guy held onto the monitor longer and persevered it might calm down? I would like to think I would hold onto such a beautiful lizard forever.

Here's a photo from the advert. Ah, if only.

664288-800x600.jpeg
Thats him he is nice and will probably calm down in time. Ive found lacies calm down or aren't so timid or skittish once they hit 50 to 60cm snout to vent.

Without taking over this thread not wanting to start another one for the sake of wanting some advice, i have a Ridge tail Monitor born last November and she has settled into her large enclosure very well. Even allowed me to hand feed her now.. my question is i am wanting to get a male for A: some company and B: some more movement in the enclosure.. i have have read quite a bit on introduction to new animals etc and there seems to be some many conflicting reports on what too do.. any advice peeps (this is my first Monitor i have owned so i am still learning)

So here is "Hades", the latest and likely last addition to my collection (heh, I said that four monitors ago...)

16219d3e2bd2a6b621acd52c7877b14f.jpg

a8c616f89761fcfc3bc2ef86486ab0cf.jpg

77ae23c9cf0a8045cd63c425cd8c42d3.jpg

1ef39b2109e476dbca04eb82f6d48763.jpg

24022e45b8a2147bfe100ebc7b47ec4b.jpg

He (assumed male) actually handles with minimal fuss, and even fell asleep while stuffed up my jumper in the car on the way home. Feels quite solid also.

Also here's a photo my housemate took of my indicus:
676a93506ff08aab0eab11ced7416351.jpg

You'll love the Mertens Smittiferous. The sloth of the monitor world.
We picked up our little Spencer's this afternoon. I'll post pics tomorrow after she (suspected) settles in.

Latest posts

Back