Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blakehose

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Well it's always nice to see some positive progress in your animals - and this little Sandie is coming along well. I've had him for a few months - he started off very nervous as all small monitors tend to, but is now coming along in leaps and bounds.
It will run right up almost to my shoulder, and eat from my hand without hesitation, but it was hard to get those shots whilst pre-occupuied. They are great little animals, and this one is particularly good looking, though this picture washes out all of it's colour.

Sorry about the terrible quality - It was hard alternating between food, monitor and camera!

Monitor feed 001.jpg

Enjoy,

Blake

He shaw looks so cute wish he was mine, may l ask if he his a Varanus Gouldii Gouldii or Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus, l myself love the Flavirufus desert phase Sand Monitors.

He shaw looks so cute wish he was mine, may l ask if he his a Varanus Gouldii Gouldii or Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus, l myself love the Flavirufus desert phase Sand Monitors.

Well i'm unsure of sex - though we call it a 'he' - 'he' is Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus - A Desert Sand Monitor. Why not another picture while i'm at it. :D

Sandie 001.jpg

It will run right up almost to my shoulder, and eat from my hand without hesitation, but it was hard to get those shots whilst pre-occupuied. They are great little animals, and this one is particularly good looking, though this picture washes out all of it's colour.
Blake

Gorgeous little Sandie, but do be careful - the "running up the shoulder" technique can be a very painful one for you if he mistakes any bit of flesh he sees with food - and I'm speaking from a personal experience here :p

He is absolutely gorjas !

Very healthy looking may i add ;)

The picture was taken after he had polished off a pinky rat - so he is looking quite 'round' ;)

Gorgeous little Sandie, but do be careful - the "running up the shoulder" technique can be a very painful one for you if he mistakes any bit of flesh he sees with food - and I'm speaking from a personal experience here :p

Haha yes he does sometimes become overly enthusiastic at feed time - though he is only allowed to do this when I have a full sleeve top on :D I will always give monitors the respect they deserve, their weaponary is second to none!

i love sandies id love to keep them but renting sucks and moving a large indoor enclosure and 60kg of sand is to much of a pain in the **** when its time to move

what have you got in stall for his accomidation as he matures? flavi's are awsome much more colourfull then gouldii plus smaller to boot

Yeah it isn't great fun trying to move their houses eh? For now he is in a 6x2x2 and when I feel it is time for an upgrade I will probably build him a 7x2x3. This line of Sandies is actually quite small - the parents of this fella only sitting around 40cm svl.

This one came from Matt Bonnett bloodlines and has amazing colours, I just need to capture them!!

Great work! My mitchell's is at that stage now I was so happy when it fed frm my hands
How big is your little fella...nothing suss haha

Great work! My mitchell's is at that stage now I was so happy when it fed frm my hands
How big is your little fella...nothing suss haha

There is nothing little about it ;) ha - I honestly haven't even bothered trying to measure him, he is still not even close to the stage of letting me make the moves. At a guess, I would say a svl of around 20cm max.

He's looking awesome Blake! Enjoy this stage while it lasts.... soon you'll be wearing full body armour to let him run up your arm otherwise you'll end up like me coming in to work every morning with scratches up my arms. I swear my workmates think I'm suicidal... lol

He's looking awesome Blake! Enjoy this stage while it lasts.... soon you'll be wearing full body armour to let him run up your arm otherwise you'll end up like me coming in to work every morning with scratches up my arms. I swear my workmates think I'm suicidal... lol

It is certainly nice whilst he is still small and cute - but I am seeing progress in his physiology aswell as mentally. This morning when I was feeding him he tore his food to absolute shreds....

Great looking little sandie yes its nice to see progress in our pets

Looking round and proud after a big feed of rat - Sorry about the quality. Without handling it is hard to get nice lighting.
Monitor post feed 011.jpgMonitor post feed 032.jpg

Blake.

I like your pics, blakehose! Good use of ambient lighting ;) Lovely sandie, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back