monitor regurgetated mouse

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi ,my 1 year old heath monitor regurgetated a mouse he ate last night. He digested the fur and limbs, it was just the torso. His basking spot is 52c. Any suggestions why? Over the week he ate more then usual so could he be over full?I've fed him some woodies to see if he eats them tonight, if not i was going to ring my vet tommorrow.I just checked and he ate 4 of the 8 woodies.

Last edited:
I've seen tristis feed so much that they regurge.
You may have over fed him, or he's stressed.

I'd check the basking spot too just too make sure it's at the right temp.

i nearly posted about this about 2 months ago..several of my small monitors over several species, will occas. regurgitate mince, after eating, but always within the next hour or so, they will eat fully again.???????????????one thing i have learnt. don,t feed, and then later in the same day, clean the enclosure. this cleaning is very stressful to/for them.on 1 occasion, when i did this regurg. took place

Thanks for the replies, he ate 8 woodies last night and dug a massive new tunnle so i'll see how he goes with his next mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back