Monitors / Goannas / Varanids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_Archibald

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks...

Well it's been a while since I've stomped the ground around these forums and as many of you may remember I'm a goanna-lover to the core. I've kept 7 species all up, was fortunate enough to have bred 1 species and a female of another species threw a dud clutch of eggs due to lack of a male in her enclosure.

Since I'm far too lazy to search through the existing threads on the subject, many of which may only contain one or 2 photos, I'm keen to hear from anyone who keeps monitors....what species do you keep, indoor or outdoor enclosures, and PUT UP SOME PICS of the animals and enclosures if you have some.

I'm in the process of setting up some enclosures of-site from where many people know I live...both a space and security thing...so I'll be sure to add to this in the coming months.

Simon Archibald

I do :).

V. baritji, V. acanthurus, V. gouldii, V. mertensi, V. glebopalma, V. primordius and finally gettn 2 more panoptes! Yay should be fun to have those bastards again.

Since I live in a flat now all the bigger stuff is at a mates down the road in aviaries. The rest are sitting in my living room and bedroom ;)

Pics or you don't have them Brodes, none of this talk stuff, we want pics......;-):D

Heh Heh, i aint gonna waste my time uploadin pics from the cam when u guys cud just open a book :p. There used to be pics of everything except the primordius floating around on aussiereptiles btw! Anyone know when its going to be back online? I miss it!

Several species mate.....was going to post some pic's....but for some reason the site wont allow me again.... :?

yeah i keep a few as well, will put some pics up soon.

i dont have any but would love to get a bells lacie, hopefully next yr some time i will get a hatchy, i have the room, but dont have the money to get one.

i think i am obsessed bye them i just love the way they walk eat i just love em im trying to get my hands on some species like storrs goulds spencers ect but my income is nit massive coz i only work at hungry jacks ( burger king in some states ) lol i will try get some good shots of my accies tongiht and post them :)

well i got to see a mates one only about two weeks ago and i have fallen in love with them, they are giants. cant wait to get one, get it very timid and have a great gental giant

i think i am obsessed bye them i just love the way they walk eat i just love em im trying to get my hands on some species like storrs goulds spencers ect but my income is nit massive coz i only work at hungry jacks ( burger king in some states ) lol i will try get some good shots of my accies tongiht and post them :)

I dont keep monitors but here are some pics i took at yaragir national park, just north of coffs.

Here's a pic of my little fella. He is a Storrs's Monitor. Have'nt got one of the full enclosure yet. Not quite finished to my liking.

5ba4599c.jpg

Enjoy

hey splitty nice backing (im assuming its a backing :shock: )did u make it or buy it and also do u know any storrs breeders in the brisneyland area ?
thanks
nathan

Hi Nathan

The backing is a Universial backing. U can get them from most reptile shops and fish shops. www.universalrocks.com.au

I got my pair from a guy called Rob Porter. He lives on the coast. I have the details somewhere if u want them. Im also sure that a few people on here from SE Qld breed them as well. Try Pike1.

Cheers
Splitty

yer i was at pike1's house the other day and he thinks his are gravid im just impatient lol i want them now :) how old is ur little guy so cute:)

heres a pic of one of my ackies when it was a little smaller

ackie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back