Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_Archibald

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Lately I've become quite interested (basically to the point of obsession) with Australian Monitors - there's not a species I don't like!!!

I'm just wondering what monitors people here keep/breed. Also, if you have friends or people you know who breed monitors and would let you splash their contact details here on the forums, please include them too.

All I keep at this stage is a male Central Sand Monitor (Varanus gouldii flavirufus), but will be getting plenty more in the near future.

Simon Archibald

i have only kept monitors for about 3 weeks and they are ridge tailed monitors which are quite cool but they keep trying to bite me which is ok coz they are cool, i have 4 juveniles, just not big enough to be sexed properly as i have had them rayed already, but a monitor species i love are gillens they are awesome. at the start of next year i hope to be able to get a spencers monitor, i was never much of a monitor fan until lately. what are flavirufus? i know what normal sandy's are but are these different? got any pics mate?

I have a pic yes Ricko. Anyone know how I put the pic up without putting it into a gallery?

The Central phase (flavirufus) are pretty much the same as far as I can tell, but seem to have a more "blonde" or "speckled" colouration.

Simon Archibald

now you need to find a female mate. send it to [email protected] i dont know how to post it but would love the to look at the pic. and any other good pics you have, i will send some pics of my collection as well.

i hav been keepin and ackie for about a year and a half now. He is about 4 years old and bit me once coz he was hungry and i forgot to wash my hands after a BBQ (he must like steak). Sliced up my finger a fair bit to...not a good impression on the 2nd day of monitor keeping :s
to this day he is probably the coolest reptile i have kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back