Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freerider

Reaction score
Hi Everybody
Just thought I would show some photo's of my latest addition', She is an adult Mitchell's Water Monitor (varanus Mitchelli) and just loves a swim!, She will be getting a boyfriend very soon!!!
Had to link to the gallery cause had to much trouble postin (dam macintosh)
Would love to see everyone elses monitor's!!!
Hope this works
http://aussiepythons.com/modules.ph...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Thanks, put heap's of work into it (3 weeks non-stop!)
It's 6ftx3ftx3ft and divided through the middle with 1ft deep water, made it all except the waterfall (universal rocks)

Good work, I am planning something similar for Mertens. Most of my cages are set up for breeding and for ease of cleaning etc but I want a couple of display tanks like yours. Well done.

Great looking enclosure freerider. It must have cost you a fortune.

Thank's!!!, Yeah I only have a few diffrent monitor's so all my tank's are display tanks cause they are in my living room!!! But they are alot of work to maintain

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: why cant my tanks look like that :roll: really nice dude !

wish i was that acckie. he looks like hes living the life !!

The mitchell's tank only cost me $350 all up (except the waterfall) It's cause I built it all, just had the glass cut, made a jig to hold it whilst the silicon dried and welded the stand out of some old steel around the house, but it did take 3 weeks to finish! Thank's for all the comments nearly makes all the work seem worth it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, Congrats on the enclosures freerider - top stuff!!
Cheers
Ad

RE: MONITOR

Damn good effort Freerider, very neat job mate.....monitors need that little bit extra, which i think your've acheived with remarkable results......takes time to maintain, however it's well worth it when you have such a good looking exhibit.....anyone can keep a herp on newspaper, or a cage with alittle bit of dirt......amazing the results that can be achieved with a bit of effort and passion.....good-on-ya mate.... :D

RE: MONITOR

only 1 question if it is the murry river setup y is the water so clear and no plastic bags that not real realistic..lol
no it looks great and so does the mitchels

Ha ha, yeah I know what you mean bout the good old muray river mr -magic it's filthy these days in some spot's, Thats actually their old tank they are in a bigger one now too, they grow so quick!!
Thank's for all your kind word's everyone really appreciate it.

Thats Awesome Dude!!! Well done. :)

But on the other hand, GOOD LUCK cleaning it. You will need it!! lol ;) :)

how tall are u ? 3ft tall is pretty damn high lol i have a 2ft high fish tank & as it is...its bloody hard to get to the bottom of that !!

how do u clean the bottom ?

great looking mate and skunk its cos your a midget you cant clean that fish tank :)

Yeah I was thinking of that when I first built the tank, so I made the stand only 1ft high, I use one of those aquarium gravel vacums and just reach over and suck up the dirt every second day, I also have a very large cannister filter (which run's the waterfall as well) and that help's to keep the water a little cleaner.
Would love to see anyone elses monitors/setups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back