Monster croc removed from fishing spot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is...A lion pride is a FAR bigger danger and threat to people in Africa than an Australian Saltwater crocodile is...They aren't even comparable...Lions are real menaces in some areas and kill tons of people...Crocs in Australia take a small few people each year. Not comparable in the slightest.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about...Most rural african communities barely even have any access to guns...and barely get to get "revenge" on the carnivores that kill them. Often the victim simply disappears and is never heard of again..

Yea that is after they have proceeded to kill numerous people.

Do I need to post the lion attack statistics again for you to see? You are very right through...comparing a lion pride to a croc in Australia is ludicrous...

Wrong...Bears are almost always trapped and warned with non lethal methods when they show signs of inquisitive behavior..They approach people all the time in many national parks and aren't killed...They are only killed when they are either feed directly by humans and start acting in an unusual manner/attack humans...or when they damage property...Bears in national parks in Alaska approach humans and fisherman to steal fish all the time..And their isn't some absurd outrage...the bear just gets the fish....And that is Alaska which has the most redneck intolerant idiots of any place I have been to( far more so than rural Africans or South Asians) and even they know to act differently in National Parks.

Hell their was even a female bear in Bicentennial Park that attacked and mauled around 4 people before the rangers shot it...Of course this varies from park to park...but for the most part...my original comment stands

Lol Cute and Cuddly...Bears are intelligent enough to mostly avoid attacking humans but they are the strongest land carnivores on earth...Cute and Cuddly is an absurd description...But Oh yeah I guess everything is just so deadly and more dangerous in Australia of course..What does a weak cute bear have on Australias dangerous animals :)

You can say all you want about the threat and danger than Australian crocs pose...and you would be right...But the fact remains that they still barely kill people and don't pose even remotely close to the danger that Niles do to alot of rural communities in Africa. You and others are making it sound like they are taking people out in the hundreds and terrifying communities and it is Armageddon in Northern Australia...Your exaggerating.

Different yes...but its would seem likely that the croc just wants the free fish just like a bear would...So I still am not convinced...A croc is more likely to attack a human through but I still don't think that it taking fish and approaching boats warrants it to be removed...How about you just don't swim and be very careful when around the waters edge.

But like I said I am only guessing and I have no idea on the actualities of the croc and the danger it posed.

The actualities of this croc were accurately reported as Stalking boat ramps and approaching boats
That is more than enough reason to remove it to a holiday camp for crocs

I have no idea why you dropping Niles in here
Of course they kill more people because there are more people there
But regardless of that fact , outside national parks they are hunted remorselessly for both skins and meat

Entire lion prides are routinely exterminated in the countries mentioned before

Bears are shot in the vast majority of USA parks every year

Alaskan bears are exterminated after after confirmed kill
I wonder if the parents of those killed by a bear would have preferred the bear had been relocated earlier??

I find it so sad that people think that the best solution is to remove the animal. Why can't people and wild animals co-exist peacefully?

Have you not read this thread ST, they can and there are many crocs that live there peacefully, but when one directly threatens humans itshould be removed as what has been done. They are no endangered so there is no risk to upsetting the local population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back