More Herping (many more finds for me)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanmulder

Reaction score
Went herping again with Stephen and It was a big succes for me! Unfortunately the batteries in the flash set up (that stephen lended me) gave out towards the end so some of the shots weren't that good so you'll have to excuse that :(

But here they are! I would appreciate any feedback or criticism!

Phyllurus platurus

PB141864 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141862 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Saproscincus mustelinus

PB141750 - Copy by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Saiphos equalis

PB141761 - Copy by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Oedura robusta

PB141959 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Oedura lesueurii

PB141897 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141887 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Demansia psammophis, I wasn't able to get any decent photos of this guy because he was continualy thrashing around and hiding his hid under the foilage on the ground. He was also shedding as you can see.

PB141765 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141767 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Morelia spilota spilota

PB141868 - Copy by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Cacophis kreffti, These guys were out in force we found countles of them along the road.

PB141876 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141883 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Litoria verreauxii, These were an interesting find considering the time of year, they are normaly winter breeders.

PB141819 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141820 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Litora fallax

PB141793 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141802 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Mixophyes iteratus

PB141841 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Mixophyes fasciolatus

PB141855 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141852 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141850 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

another Mixophyes iteratus, As you can see my flashes gave out in these shots so it was only my on board flash :(
Such a shame as these are a great species and crap photo's of them.

PB141941 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141933 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Litora citropa

PB141909 - Copy by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Litora phylochroa, Awesome species of frog! I don't know what attracts me to them lol. Just wish I could get better shots of them... Next time maybe...

PB141956 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141951 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141957 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Litora tyleri, these pics are crap because the flash batteries were low, so after each shot they took a few minuets to charge back up... It was also like 1:30am and I couldn't be bothered getting anything better

PB141963 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

PB141960 by J.A.Mulder, on Flickr

Cheers,

Jordan

Last edited:
Nice shots, I like all the frog shots, they are great.

I wouldn't say that Diamond had no chance, the tyre didn't seem to hit him had as he was in a rut.

That first Demansia shot is actually really nice.

Last edited:
^^ I agree with above comments, they are some great shots, even with dodgy batteries! Trust me, im useless with a camera in my hand, & even with the top of the line camera.......my photos wouldnt turn out half as decent as yours! Well done! Photo 5 is my fav! :)

Thanks everyone so much! I'm realy humbled by your replies and encouragement!

Im really humbled to see that we still have 16yr olds out there with such manners! :) Manners seem to be quite rare these days, & for a 16yr old, you sure seem like a very lovely kid!

great pics was this up the watagans? i went up there lastweek had a pretty good night not quite so many frogs but some nice reptiles

great pics was this up the watagans? i went up there lastweek had a pretty good night not quite so many frogs but some nice reptiles

yep. Personally I think it was a pretty bad night, even by that forests standards and that forest has been wripped to shreds through its popularity.

would have to agree with you there stephen dont see anywhere near as much up there anymore was glad to find a couple of species that i have not seen up there for a while

Im really humbled to see that we still have 16yr olds out there with such manners! :) Manners seem to be quite rare these days, & for a 16yr old, you sure seem like a very lovely kid!
I agree!! He has a talent and NOT pretentious, now that's cool! Sorry its a stereotypical statement but a lesson learn to the teens, as oldies we love to see this stuff from the youngsters and I personally, think this is top quality!!! Quit the tude and we all can enjoy!!
GeckPhotografher, likewise, awesome shots...keep it up mate, love to see those pics, equally awesome!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back