Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice bright zeb jay! I'm betting that's going to look awesome once it's all grown up.

Nice bright zeb jay! I'm betting that's going to look awesome once it's all grown up.
Which one is the zebra? I have only seen one zebra and it looked to have a lot more stripes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-05 at 7.27.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-05 at 7.27.53 PM.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 185
The 1st one is a zebra jag.
Fair enough, thought that was almost a contradiction in terms as I saw the zebra as having more pattern as compared to a jag that has a reduced pattern. Either way I do not really care what people call their snakes , a good looking snake is still good looking even if you called it a bucket of crap and that snake is good looking.

Yep, they will be making some hot babies in a year ;) this year ill be breeding the yellow jag to another exciting male. Can't wait ;)

Any updated photos of the coastal x Darwin's or caramel coastal x Darwin's :D

I have bred birds for years and a common term used when breeding birds (especially when any sort of inbreeding takes place) is hybrid vigour. With inbreeding over time the birds become weaker (ie less resistant to disease, smaller in size, and generally lack some vitality) and at this point a "cross" (a unrelated animal) is introduced into the breeding program to create a divergence from the genetic line. This is done to reinvigorate the line (as well as correct perceived flaws) with a noticed difference in the vigour and health of resulting offspring. With racing pigeons as an en example these hybrids as they are labeled are very desirable and often go on to great feats in racing performance. Does this concept apply to snakes that are hybridised in this manner? Do any of the animals exhibit signs improved vitality when compared to their parents? Do they grow bigger and stronger? Without the obvious thoughts of producing a super snake, wouldn't a robust, healthy, disease resistant, brightly coloured animal be ideal for the pet industry? I find it a fascinating thought, and I would appreciate constructive conveyance of thoughts on this post.

Regards

Wing_Nut

Did a bit of reading today on the forum and figured it would be ok to up my feed size from medium quail to large. When I first got it out I was like awww hell no but the looked at some of the "is this too big" threads and was like he can handle it.
Only got the one pic had to play dad for a bit and by the time I got back it was loong gone.
IMG_20130508_174752.jpg

Bump it up to c what's come of 2013
I really like how dark the black colour is on your jag and how the colour in the head shot seems to start darker near the black then fades out.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I have posted this before but it is my only milkshake and I think Steve is awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_3469.jpg
    IMG_3469.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3467.jpg
    IMG_3467.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 124
I really like how dark the black colour is on your jag and how the colour in the head shot seems to start darker near the black then fades out.

- - - Updated - - -
...Just starting to colour up mate :)

Some pics of my female Jungle Jag, no pics of the other two jags yet, will add later. More pics of this girl are in my albums
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back