Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyViper

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys, got a competition to see who knows the top ten most venomous LAND snakes in the world, results vary ALOT, just wanting to see, what you guys think.

1.Inland taipan (a single bite contains enough venom that could kill 100 humans)
2.Indian krait (probably the 2nd most venomous and 16 times more potent then a cobra)
3.King brown snake (the 2nd largest venemous snake in Australia)
4.Philippine cobra(probably the small in size but highly venemous snake)
5.King cobra ( the longest venomous snake of the world)
6.black mamba (the fastest moving snake in the world and one of the most venomous snake in Africa)
7.Russell's viper(a highly venomous snake from south Asia and responsible for many kills)
8.boomslang (the venomous snake from south Africa is deadly because it not only inject the venom but also chews the prey till death )
9.Tiger snake(the deadly snake from Australia)
10.rinkhals (a spitting cobra from Africa is highly venomous and if the venom enters the eyes it causes temporary blindness allowing the snake to escape).

Read more: Top ten most venomous snakes

I just looked it up and went with first list i could find, correct it if it's wrong..

1. Inland Taipan
2.Eastern Brown
3 Malayan Krait
4. Coastal Taipan
5. Black Mamba
6. Tiger Snake
7. Cobra
8. Saw scaled/ chain Viper
9. Death Adder
10. Rattlesnake
I have to know all these due to my husbands job as a Snake relocator well most of them that are Aussie

I just went with the first thing that came up mate, I'll have a look and suss it out..

Got to be very careful in differentiating between 'Most Venomous" 'Most Deadly" and 'Most Dangerous"

Saw Scaled viper would possibly be most dangerous followed various Cobras simply because of the number of deaths resulting from their bite
Banded Krait probably most deadly at 50% death rate even with anti venine
Inland Taipan Most Venomous

from: The Deadliest Snakes in the World | The Steve Irwin Mosaic Tribute Project

1. Inland Taipan (Australia)
2. Eastern Brown Snake (Australia)
3. Blue Krait (S.E. Asia and Indonesia)
4. Taipan (Australia)
5. Tiger Snake (Australia)
6. Saw Scaled Viper (Middle East Asia)
7. Coral Snake (North America)
8. Boomslang (Africa)
9. Death Adder (Australia)
10. Black Mamba (Africa)
11. Mojave Desert Rattlesnake (America)

SOURCE: The Deadliest Snakes in the World | The Steve Irwin Mosaic Tribute Project

being as the sixth deadliest snake was a sea snake, I added the last two.

it is difficult and impractical to give a "top ten" as there is varying factors and not all snakes venoms have been tested against each other but...........

most Toxicologists seem to agree that the inland Taipans venom is the most toxic,
Bryan fry explained Brown snake and Coastal Taipan venoms toxicity are in a league of there own as there is so many ways the venom can kill you,there like a biological weapon so that would rate them very high drop for drop.

1 the one you just trod on....
2 the one you thought was an olive python and thought you'd show your friends......
3 the one in you're hand your'e not paying attention to because your mate is wrangling a much bigger one....

anyone want to finish the list?

I was refering to most venomous and australia has top eight most, then 11, 12, 13, 17. i think, but it changes, depending on who you ask, all these lists have some of the snakes, but not all, and remember, Land snakes, not sea snakes and such, lol

I was refering to most venomous and australia has top eight most, then 11, 12, 13, 17. i think, but it changes, depending on who you ask, all these lists have some of the snakes, but not all, and remember, Land snakes, not sea snakes and such, lol

The list you are referring to is so open to debate that its not funny
There are so many snakes that were never even tested when that list was made many years ago
So dont put all your money on any bet involving that list

1-Inland Taipan
2-Eastern brown
3-Coastal Taipan
4-Tiger Snake
5-Death Adder

The rest seem to vary alot depending which book you read but australia definately has the top 5 most venomous.

1.Inland taipan
2Eastern born
3Coastal taipan
4Tiger snake
i think its in thats order off the top of my head thats all i no

Read more: Top ten most venomous snakes
[/QUOTE]

you bet me jonas haha death adder thats the one i missed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back