Moving hides ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calysylum101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
My python is not leaving her hide at all obviously cause it's nice and dark and warm. I have a basking spot up top which she only uses at night. If I remove hide down the bottom that is on top of heat mat and even possibly turn it off and leave hide will this stress her to much as she has only been in enclosure 3 weeks.
Just want a little more viewing that's all idea is so she hopefully basks up top. Cheers :)

Hi all.
My python is not leaving her hide at all obviously cause it's nice and dark and warm. I have a basking spot up top which she only uses at night. If I remove hide down the bottom that is on top of heat mat and even possibly turn it off and leave hide will this stress her to much as she has only been in enclosure 3 weeks.
Just want a little more viewing that's all idea is so she hopefully basks up top. Cheers :)

Sounds like you have a tall enclosure..
I had the same problem ages ago
So I turned off the heat mat and problem solved!
Very really uses his hide now, just sits at the hight he wants for different temps and he is healthy, calm and a strong eater.
Looking back I think the heat mat was a over kill.

My water python isn't leaving her hide due to she is in shed mode

Sounds like you have a tall enclosure..
I had the same problem ages ago
So I turned off the heat mat and problem solved!
Very really uses his hide now, just sits at the hight he wants for different temps and he is healthy, calm and a strong eater.
Looking back I think the heat mat was a over kill.

Had the same problem and did the same thing. Turned off the heat mat and my jungle was out and about all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back