Moving interstate temporarily - import/export help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outofthekitchenn

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
New reptile owner here, i just have a question about the Import/Export rules.
I am getting my first snake (Darwin carpet) in QLD (where i usually live) and want to take her back to college with me in NSW for the last 2 months of the year. (I have both a QLD reptile license and a NSW one)
Do i need to fill out an IMPORT license for NSW and an EXPORT one from QLD/ does the person i am getting her off have to fill out the QLD export license?

How long do these usually take? Am i allowed to move her before they approve it?

Sorry, im just a little confused and seem to be getting different answers from both sides of the border. Any clarification would be super helpful! :D
Thanks!!

To be honest, if you have licences for both states, I'd just take it down to NSW for the last couple of months and not say anything - the paperwork and time involved in getting import/export permits makes it a pointless exercise. Actually, it's pointless anyway in my opinion! It's unusual (and probably illegal) to be licensed in two states at the same time anyway, although when I was bringing my collection from WA to NSW in 2002, from NSW to WA in 2003, and again to NSW in 2005, I had an overlap until I actually left WA permanently, but the two licences were current together only whilst I was making the move.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back