Moving to the Gold Coast

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Performa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Looks like a big sea change might be on the horizon. Currently living in the western suburbs of Sydney, and planning on moving to the Gold Coast.
Any suggestions suburb wise. Looking around Robina, Varsity Lakes. I have a young family and work as a plumber.

I came from Perth, lived in Sydney and have settled on the Gold Coast for 10 or so years and I can't stand this place... It's a hole. Robina, Varsity lakes, Burleigh waters is your best bet.

If you look at varsity lakes you should avoid the area from christine corner shopping centre down to the varsity primary school and everything south of that road as there is some housing comission places down there in an area that used to be called stevens. Also avoid reedy creek and mudgeeraba. Robina is nice in some areas but expensive and there are a few other nice areas around the coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved from Campbelltown about 18 months ago, but I decided against the Gold Coast (only for house prices & commuting purposes) and bought a place in Redcliffe (Nth Brisbane) right on the water for the same price as my house sold for in Campbelltown (low $300k's). I'm so close to the city, airport, sunny coast and only an hour to the Gold Coast etc... I'm happy with it and should've done it 10 years ago...

I moved over from WA close to 12 months ago, living in varsity and love the place.
(To be fair I grew up on the east coast and only spent 3 years in wa for work)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Gold Coast is great. I live in Upper Coomera near the theme parks :)

Its good to read all the positive comments. All I have to do is find a place in a good area and prefebly close to the water.

Hope Island through to Biggera Waters is right on the water if thats what your looking for

I am plumber gas fitter myself..... Do you do new cottage work?, commercial, industrial?. The construction industry up here has slowed (does not affect me though I am out) there is plenty coming online though.
I loved the gc for about 12 months and got sick of it..... All the inconviences of a major city without the advantages.
i live on brissie's on Sth side about 45 mins to everywhere!

Any suburb with the word waters in it is a pretty good start.

Palmy mate, best place on the Gold Coast, lived there for twenty years , 21st ave to 9th ave , or even burlieghs great, also tweed coast , I was never out of work there in fact moving back very shortly

Ive worked in the construction game for over 8 years (new cottage/units) at the moment I work for my self doind renos and maintenance and when work drops off I subby. I have family in Brackenridge though I dont really wanna move around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back