Multi-Quote

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Some folks may not be aware of a neat tool on the forums called "Multi-Quote". This tool allows you to select several posts in a thread and then reply to them all in one post rather than flooding the forums with several different posts replying to others. To use Multi-Quote is pretty simple and you can select up to 10 messages to quote by pressing the Multi-Quote Icon in the corner of a post

The Multi-Quote Icon looks like this ->
Multi-Quote.jpg

Once selected, it changes to look like this ->
Selected Multi-Quote.jpg
So that you know the posts will be quoted once you hit reply to thread

When you have selected all the posts that you wish to Multi-Quote, click the Reply to Thread button and your selected posts will automatically be brought into either the Quick Response window or into the next screen where you can respond to them individually without needing to quote each post and end up with multiple posts in the one thread
Blah blah.jpg

Its not an all that well known tool, but Multi-Quote does help keep threads and the forums neater and easier to read. Particularly if you have a question and want to address several answers or question several responses.

Last edited:
Ahhhh wondered what that extra symbol was for lol. Thanks 4 that :)

Much easier, thanks; I've always just done it by copy and pasting into a separate text file before replying!

Thats a good feature.. ive always wanted to do that, but lazyness wins and i give up. Ta

Thanks sniper, i knew what it was for i just couldnt work out how to use it lol

Bump.

As a side note, the Edit Post function is available for a limited time after you post initially so if you have some extra content you would like to share, its better forum etiquette to edit your posts than having 2 or 3 consecutive posts addressing the same thing.

Was I the only one who knew how to use it? :lol:
Very useful tool, a great tutorial for those who didn't know Sniper! Well done :D

What happened to the 'update' feature SniperCap? It doesn't seem to be functioning like it used to anymore? That seemed to keep the pointless extra posts to a minimum.

What happened to the 'update' feature SniperCap? It doesn't seem to be functioning like it used to anymore? That seemed to keep the pointless extra posts to a minimum.

Without delving into details mate, its still active but only within the Marketplace forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back