Multiple snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Reaction score
I am considering getting a 9 mth male coastal carpet to go along with the 7mth old female I already have. Would there be any issue with housing them in the same terrarium? Do the y eat their own? Could not really find any answers to these q's, so I am bugging my braintrust again. Thanks in advance.
Moses

that wouldn't be a problem at all :) carpets (as far as i know) arent known to be cannibalistic, and an age difference like that is close enough there's no worries at all! I've kept coastals that age together with no probs

I'm definately no expert, but I think (IMO) that as long as they are about the same size, and you feed them both out of the cage seperately, then you shouldn't have a problem. The seperate feeding will make sure that they do not fight over the food, and also you know how much both of them are eating.

I'm sure there are many more experienced people who can answer this as well.

I've never kept animals together, but one breeder I've spoken to that does, says that before he puts them back after feeding, he sprays their faces with water just to remove the rat/mouse smell from them so it's cages mates don't get confused and attempt to chow down on it. Also, if you've got one animal that's bigger than the other, the little one can get squashed, especially if they're both trying to sit on/under the heat source.
Goodluck. :)

Defiantly feed them separate and out of enclosure. When you put them back keep a close eye at them for a while and see how they behave towards each other. (Aggression etc.)
Also when you bring home a new snake you should always quarantine the new addition until you know she is free of any creepy crawlies or any sickness in general.
:) Cheers Artie

THanks for the input, learn something new everyday.
Moses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back