Murray Cod

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dansfish4tea

Reaction score
I have had this girl since she was the size of a neon tetra 3-4cm. Today she is 55cm (5 years old) her head is the size of a coke can, and her belly is thicker then it. She lives in our lounge room.

Attachments

• Alieshas 082.jpg
    Alieshas 082.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 142
awesome murray cod. lol i used to have a murray cod living with my barramundi until he got eaten

i never knew you could keep murray cod as a pet! awsome:) i recently went out along the Maquarie river for a hunting trip, i took my rod and ended up having a great weekend! caught about 6 murray cods, & about 26 pigs! all the cods were over 25 pound! it was soo much fun fishing and hunting all in the same weekend

I love what you've done with its tank! A nice natural background, it really blends in well.

just put it in a new tank 6x2x2 moved from a 5x2x2 so not much of an increase, I took a photo but turned out crap i wont post it. Ill need a bigger tank very soon (6x2x3 or wider) shes growing very fast.. they are a great fish to keep very interactive, attacks anything thats in or near the tank, eats 20cm fish and also loves rats dead or alive, anything thats alive in the tank is fair game and generally last about five seconds. Im having trouble getting food if anyone knows of a fish supplier could help me out would be good thanks Dan

This was taken about 6mths ago, she layed eggs 3mnths ago all through the tank and weed so had to get rid of the weed was a shame it looked nice.

Attachments

• 15022011423.jpg
    15022011423.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back