my blue tongue is fussy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fio porter

Reaction score
ive had my blue tongue for about a year, he has always been fussy, i rescued him from someone who could no longer care for him and i managed to find out what his favourite food was, the repashy insect gel, which he eats mixed in with premium dog food at the moment. he usually eats a few mouthfuls and then wanders off. ive tried to give him every vegetable and fruit on the planet and he refuses to eat it, ive tried to mix it in and he somehow picks it out. after he barely ate much i assumed he wasn't hungry so i waited 2-3 weeks and gave him food and he did the same, barely ate much. he drinks his water, his enclosure has a hot and cold end, 3 hides, a warm box with a blanket because he likes to hibernate and he's very active and has a lot of personality. i live in nz so a vet is hard to find. should i be worried?

The first thing to rule out would be temperature issues, how hot is the basking spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back