My Diamond shedding in pieces - first shed with me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby-van

Not so new Member
Reaction score
First snake I've owned, and her first shed with me last night. I noticed it's coming off in pieces... is this a humidity issue? After reading up, this is the conclusion I've come to, I just want to make sure. I've left her overnight (she started shedding about 8pm last night) and when I get home from work this arvo I'll run a warm damp towel over her skin to remove any excess shed that hasn't come off properly - is this the right thing to do?

What should I do when I notice a shed is approaching to ensure she sheds properly and in one piece?

Cheers!

Try a Luke warm shallow bath to soak in before running through a towel. Will help to soften up and loosen the skin that needs to come off. Also used a finger from a rubber glove to rub the edges to get it to lift

Make sure they have a water bowl they can soak in, also with 1 of my problem shedders I put the waterbowl at the hot end to inc humidity

^ What he (Dangles) said.

I always give mine baths when they are in the shedding process. Usually Once a week. Helps them that little bit more.

Yes it is caused by low humidity.
If you decide to give the snake a soak make sure you measure the temp of the water,around 28C is best.If the water feels warm to you chances are it will be too hot for the snake.

i put mine on top of the shower screen while i have a hot shower the steam usually makes the rest peel off also put a stip of velcrow in its enclosure or something that it can rub against rocks bark ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back