My DIY double enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnB

Reaction score
Ok i was looking to get a double enclosure. Was thinking of making one myself but came across this laundry cabinet (900x400x400 each self). I got it as it cost $80. Well all i had to do was workout how i wanted to lock it. Anyway I got a barrel bolt lock for one door and then a cam lock for the other. Pics below with a 85cm childreni.

Total cost :
Cabinet - $80.00
2x Corner brackets (for locks to hinge into) - $0.64
Barrel Lock - $3.97
Cam Lock - $14.43

TOTAL - $99.04

So for under $100 I have 2 enclosures. Also for viewing its pretty easy to cut the centers out of the doors and insert glass.

Its not setup yet. Will add branches and things later. Snake is in to make sure it cant escape.

Attachments

• Photo016.jpg
    Photo016.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Photo015.jpg
    Photo015.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 188
Heating is a 50watt heatcord under a tile. As said in first post for viewing just cut the center out of the door and insert glass. Only done it today so im still checking temps. The hinges in it have very little chance of the snake getting caught in them.

Would like to see the finished product..cos at the moment it is a cupboard. sorry..but it does not look very snake friendly (yet)...but prove us all wrong.

BTW...if I was to do it...I would stuff up the cutting of the doors and adding glass so I have a lot of respect for the DIY'ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back