my DIY projects (frog viv + snake tanks)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazii

Not so new Member
Reaction score
so after much 'window shopping' I gave the DIY a go, these where done a little while ago, the frog tank had been done for my yr 12 design and technology project, this tank in the time between build and now has housed from 1-10 green tree frogs comfortably with no issues the back ground is made from a base of Styrofoam, then expanda foam then cut to shape, then over the top was layers of plaster of Paris, with coir peat and sand in the mix for texture, with water and childs acrylic paints for colour. and coated with 2 layers of pond tite, most of the ledges are just held in place with 'gap filler' and cut into the foam, the bigger ones have a bas under it of foam for extra support. again the same with the post, all held to foam/glass with gap filler, taped in place till dried and never moved even when filled with pants, water and soil + frogs haha the pump is the the bottom right hand corner, and behing the branch in the background is a solid pipe, which all the cords and pump tube are run through, this is blocket at each end, as I kept 'losing' frogs
cJ6CLLG.jpg
the original sketch
dQ6F7Iy.jpg
front
McQXqbg.jpg
side
HFHgttV.jpg
back the stand before staining,
qT92Sb6.jpg
gRzrWY2.jpg
tank in the making
gaNmDtT.jpg
the finished tank
XWHlIKa.jpg
9nXmt6V.jpg
close ups,
XWHlIKa.jpg
the 'floating plant pots'
rJtB1Qr.jpg
self made light cages AND the guys who live in it:
3zwqted.jpg
8UrNgxY.jpg
vDBvovk.jpg
NmusZd8.jpg
amPTisK.jpg
zDJaE6w.jpg
enjoy :) and my snake tank built from two old stero boxes
z5GBXUt.jpg
K6UmeB4.jpg

D&T, good subject ay, Im doing industrial timber technology, was thinking about making a frog vivarium but then thought timber isnt that good for it lol, sick job man the glass one is superb, was the folio difficult?

Have you got a whole thing shot ? Can't see the cabinet and tank together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back